It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah we have Anton Ferdinand there, they did say he looked better than Rio. Although he is still young he has alot to learn but he is looking pretty good, no where near Rio yet but it could happen. We also have Carricks younger brother there who also looks good.

Rio-Coker doesn't look too bad and Fletcher. The one who has started to play really well is Luke Chadwick, getting him for nothing was a steal. He is starting to show some class and why he was at Man United in the first place. One player who we have missed is Etherington who we got from Spurs. He has been out quite a while through injury and we need him back. Him and Chadwick on the wings would give any side trouble.

The youngster who Pardew has brought into the side through the ranks, Mark Noble looks class. He is only 17 and alot of prem clubs have come sniffing already and he has only played a handfull of games. We have another younster there who got injured on his debut and he looks decent aswell.

So things doesn't look too bad, we just need a manager who knows what he is doing like i keep saying. It is starting to look like the players are losing confidence in him too...

TRD

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good win for us today and it looks like we put the cup defeat behind us. Nice to keep a clean sheet and to get 5 goals...

Sheringham popped up with 2 goals and by the sounds of it he could have got a hat-trick. Thing is we need to build on this now as we are in the play-offs...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I thought you won 6-0 i could have sworn that Sheri got hat-trick according to Soccernet the sc ore was 5-0 but i counted 6 scorers!

TRD

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nah Drunk 5-0...

You know what was funny, i didn't actually go to the game. I couldn't be bothered but a few friends of mine did. And when we went in for half time and i think 3-0 up the West Ham fans booed the side and Pardew. The didn't actually start cheering or anything untill the 5th goal went in on the 86th minute. So although we won 5-0 it sounds like we didn't perform that great. I know its the result that counts, but when the man of the match is a West Ham player that goes off before the 50th minute of the game that must tell you something.

I heard that we have spoken to Trevor Brooking about him comming back and taking over the side untill the end of the season on a tempary basis. And sacking Pardew. I don't know if that will happen but i wished it did lol!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
George Burley was linked with the Hammers job earlier in the season but GB has signed a new contract.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sheri has been doin excellently this season

TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Can't see Burley going after he signed his new deal. But we need someone instead of Pardew, although we have put some wins together i still don't think he is the right man for the job.

Yeah Sheri has been fantastic when he has played, if we do go up i wonder if he will stay and try his luck one last season in the Prem..

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Can't see Burley going after he signed his new deal. But we need someone instead of Pardew, although we have put some wins together i still don't think he is the right man for the job.

Yeah Sheri has been fantastic when he has played, if we do go up i wonder if he will stay and try his luck one last season in the Prem..

Thats what he tried to do with Pompey but only scored 7 goals maybe West Ham will keep him for experience like Pompey did.

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Bad result yesterday for us, lost 2-1 to Leeds. Although we put together some good results lately, so have Leeds. And when it really matters when a few clubs around us lose we cant get the win to put us in a better posistion.

Heres an interesting story, Pardew has been trying to sign a striker and then he comes out and says this. Maybe he listened to what everyone has been saying all season...

West Ham manager Alan Pardew has made bringing in a new defender his top priority. The Hammers are one of the form teams in The Championship following three straight wins without conceding a goal. Despite tightening things up at the back, Pardew still wants to bolster his defensive options in order to maintain competition for places.

LINK

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Another defeat to Preston 2-1. Things not looking good for the Hammers at the moment and they have dropped out of the playoff posistions i think. How long are they going to persevere with Pardew?

TRD

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know to be honest but it looks like they may get busy ibn the transfer market to make a push for promotion...

West Ham manager Alan Pardew has problems in defence after Cardiff rejected his bid for James Collins. The Welsh club turned down their Championship rivals' offer - believed to be 350,000 - for the 21-year-old defender, increasing West Ham's woes at the back.

Anton Ferdinand is out with a hamstring injury, Tomas Repka faces a three-match ban for his sending-off in the home defeat by Preston at the weekend, and Malky Mackay looked shaky throughout.

Pardew is also believed to be interested in loan moves for Tottenham's Dean Richards and Tony Popovic of Crystal Palace, as well as Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere.

LINK

TRD

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

West Ham United have snapped up winger Shaun Newton from Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers. Newton has moved to Upton Park on a short-term contract after being allowed to leave Molineux for a nominal fee. Wolves have accepted a 10,000 offer for the 29-year-old, although they will bank a further 115,000 if The Hammers are promoted. The wide man had been with Wolves since 2001 but had not featured in Glenn Hoddle's plans since the start of February.

LINK

I guess we could do with him due to injurys to Ethrington (who is back now) and Chadwick. One good bit of news is that Pardew is still trying to sign Collins from Cardiff and we should be upping the bid... Also the club hasn't denied being linked with alialdiere according to that report so he could well be comming on loan, but Henry is out now for 3 weeks and they might not want to let him go now....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
and on todays game TRD, dear old dear old dear old dear....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
and on todays game TRD, dear old dear old dear old dear....

straight to the point lol

though, shaun newton from wolves is it? he is a fast player and will good to have him battling it out with chadwick and etherington for the wing.

if alliaderre came in, he would score goals. but who will drop out? am guessing sheringham and rebrov would still be top guys and maybe harewood being left out?

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah another bad loss for us, we was pretty poor...

Rynaldo if we did get Aliadere on loan he will play him with Harewood for sure and bring on Sheringham later on. I really hope we get him but its a long shot as he will score loads in that division.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
West Ham seem to be going like Sheffield United at the moment, seem to be near the playoffs or in them but not quite good enough to get into the premiership.

And Aliadiere at West Ham, i could never see it myself maybe next year Bentley at West Ham or something though

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yer, you do seem to be minus just that extra bit class which would make you faviourites for that league.

whats happened to rebrov? has he been dumped?

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dilly we have asked for him but nothing else has been said about it. Arsenal didn't say we couldn't have him either...

West Ham reckon we will have two more players in the next week or so and one should be a defender from Cardiff if they accept an improved offer...

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
yer, you do seem to be minus just that extra bit class which would make you faviourites for that league.

whats happened to rebrov? has he been dumped?

We have always just lacked the last two seasons, we made the playoff final the first time this is only the second season we have been down but we should be looking at automatic promotion.

Rebrov is still there, he just doesn't play every game...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If its from Cardiff then yeh you should have him, they need cash asap.

And i didnt no you had actually asked about aliadiere, or that he was fit to play lol

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join