It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Matthew Etherington believes that he could be sold as West Ham look to balance the books. The former Tottenham star is keen to remain at Upton Park, but knows that he has become one of the club's most saleable assets.

"I am more than happy at West Ham and I don't want to go anywhere," Etherington told the Evening Standard.

"But it is up to the club. If they want to sell me, they will do.

"I have not been told anything."

Etherington is certainly not surplus to requirements according to his manager Alan Pardew, who believes that he is not required to offload his top players.

"I can't control speculation, but I don't believe I am under any pressure to sell," said Pardew.

Etherington has played over 70 games for The Irons since arriving at the club from Spurs in August 2003.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Under-fire West Ham boss Alan Pardew has been given a vote of confidence by the club. Pardew has seen his position under threat after an indifferent run of form with fans calling for his head. West Ham managing director Paul Aldridge has backed Pardew to see out the storm and believes he can turn things round.

"Everyone at the club is fully supportive of Alan and the job he is doing. We are confident he has the qualities to return West Ham United to The Premiership," said Aldridge.

"The speculation surrounding Alan's future is not helpful at all.

"When he arrived here last October, Alan knew the pressure of managing a club with the history and tradition of West Ham would be enormous.

"He fully accepts that supporters will become frustrated when results and performances do not match our high expectations."

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
West Ham United have boosted their promotion hopes with a fine 2-0 victory at leaders Ipswich Town.

Goals from Marlon Harewood and Matthew Etherington gave Alan Pardew's side an important win at Portman Road.

What a geat result for us. Ipswich have been in grerat form and they are top of the league....

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
West Ham United youngster Trent McClenahan has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 19-year-old has put pen-to-paper on a contract until the end of next season after breaking into Alan Pardew's first team squad this season.

The Australian Under-20 international has made three first team appearances for The Hammers this term, though he has been a regular in the club's reserves.

Pardew has decided that McClenahan is very much in his future plans and secured the teenager to a professional contract at Upton Park.

The defender originally joined the East London outfit as a trainee in the summer of 2001.

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Norwich boss Nigel Worthington has confirmed his interest in West Ham's Marlon Harewood.

Worthington revealed he would like to bring Harewood to Carrow Road after seeing the former Nottingham Forest man dump his side out of the FA Cup.

Harewood scored the only goal of the game late on to seal West Ham's passage into the fourth round.

Norwich are close to agreeing a deal for Crewe's Dean Ashton and Worthington admits he would like to bring Harewood to the club along with Ashton.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well i went to the game today and it was pretty good to say the least. We beat Norwich 1-0 and put on a great display. Although Norwich are a premier league side we dominated large parts of the match. Got a bit lucky when Huckerby hit the post but he was offside so that would have been unjust..

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We got beat 4-2 away to Wolves? How th ehell did that happen after it was 2-2. Bloody Judas scored aswell, that makes it even worse.

I'll read up on the game and post the report later...

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
West Ham's Alan Pardew was left to reflect on a defeat which saw his promotion-chasing Hammers slip out of the top six.

And the Upton Park supremo said:

"We're disappointed with the goals which we conceded.

"We gifted Wolves goals and shot ourselves in the foot at critical moments in the match.

"We got it back to 1-1 and we then got it back to 2-2 before the referee pulled us back when we were through on goal.

"After that Anton Ferdinand had a goalbound shot deflected out for a corner off the defender's backside then their keeper made a great save from Luke Chadwick.

"At that point you begin to think it perhaps isn't going to be your day and it was probably poetic Paul Ince, one of our old players, went up the other end to put them 3-2 up.

"But I can't fault the work-rate or the application of the players out there - and I think the fans will back me on that.

"Every game is critical for West Ham but we're going through a difficult time here at the moment and arrived for the game with only half a team thanks to injuries and suspensions."

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There was talks that Pardew was going to be sacked if we didn't beat Derby at home, well we got beat 2-1..

As for him getting sacked who knows what the board is going to do.

I watched the game and we played ok in spells and there was some good individual performances, but as a team we was shyte. Marlon Harewood was pretty poor for a 30 goal a season striker. Well thats what he was before he came to us so it looks like he is definatley under performing. Derby looked pretty good but the game could have been a lot different if there keeper had been sent off (which he definatly should have been),, But thats no excuse for losing, we had some good chances and Harewood missed a sitter and Derby cleared one off the line in the last seconds of the game.

We just wasn't good enough and Pardew really has to go, he is a piss poor excuse of a manager. He has no tactics and doesn't know enough about the teams and the game itself.

Someone said to me but you have build up a good squad of young talented english players, yea thats great. Two 17 yr olds on the pitch today, with limited experience. The real reason is that Pardew has no connections and no knowledge, thats why we have bought british as he knows no one out side of England.

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Pardew needs to go, he hasn't got the knowledge of the game and teams like you say TRD. Another crap manager we have had, thats 3 on the trot now. Problem is if they do give him the boot who is going to take the job? The two names been mentioned so far are: Strachan and Burley. Either would be great and a massive improvement on Pardew.

Also it looks like the board are going to go over Pardews head and sell Harewood if a bid for 3million + comes in for him. And Zamora is on his way aswell...

Sir

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Looks like Sofiane is on his way to signing a deal with Roda JC. In the few times i saw him play i thought he looked good and can't understand why he hasn't been given a chance. He's still only 20 and has been at the hammers for nearly 3 years.

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
West Ham United have signed goalkeeper Dusan Kuciak on loan from Slovakian club MSK Zilina. The Championship club were able to complete a loan move for the Slovakia youth international before January's transfer window closed on Monday. The 19-year-old joins Alan Pardew's side until the season's end after impressing the former Reading boss in training. The Hammers have the option to make the deal a permanent arrangement in the summer, should Kuciak prove his worth. Pardew expressed his delight at landing the Eastern European custodian for the rest of the campaign.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Bobby Zamora is determined to prove himself at West Ham after a disappointing time at Upton Park. The 24-year-old striker joined The Hammers last January from Tottenham but has failed to set the world alight. Teddy Sheringham and Sergei Rebrov's arrival at the club has limited his chances of first team involvement, and he could have left in the transfer window. Zamora could have joined Crystal Palace but for the move to fall through at the last minute, and he is now keen to prove himself. The former Brighton striker says that he is determined to help Alan Pardew's side towards promotion.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
West Ham v Cardiff today and it looks like its 0-0 at half time. By what i read West Ham have had the better of the play..

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good game, we got a late winner in the 89th minute. A peach of a header by Carl Fletcher!

TRD

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
West Ham boss Alan Pardew has played down reports linking him with a move for Tottenham new boy Michael Dawson.

Pardew is looking to bring in a new defender to bolster his squad. Reports over the weekend claimed he may move for Dawson, who only joined Tottenham on the last day of the transfer window from Nottingham Forest. The Hammers did something similar when they loaned Calum Davenport from Spurs earlier in the season.
Pardew insists he has made no move for the England Under-21 international and does not expect to go for him.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What a bad gane today against Sheffield in the FA Cup..

We was poor to be honest and Sheffield should have won in normal time. A big blow for us was losing Chadwick as we lost all out width. We had chances yeah but we just wasn't good enough on the day. Things don't look good and i really think its time to get rid of Pardew.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
dreadful, west ham have totally gone backwards. The team needs a total shakeup and sort out. I cant see them coming up for a little while yet, they seem destined to be playoff contenders no more

TRD

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sadly you are right, what was the makings of a very good team has passed..

Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Glen Johnson... Plus a few youngsters we let go who have started to show real promise. It all went wrong with Harry Redknapp, alot of bad signings, high wages ect ect.

The basis is there of a good team now, some good youngsters who have been gaining good experience. But the problem is the manager, as long as Pardew is there we won't do any good...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Glen Johnson...

when you look at those names, they are among the best in england, and have you not got ferdianands brother playing for you now? a younger guy?

how is the youth system going at the moment, is there alot of young players coming into the side, or is more of the older and strange foriegners no1 has heard of?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join