It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Grimsby have handed a trial to West Ham striker Greg Pearson.

Pearson is well down the pecking order at Upton Park and the club are willing to let him leave.

Mariners boss Russell Slade is keen to bolster his attack and will give Pearson the opportunity to win a move to Blundell Park.

Pearson will feature for the club's reserves against York on Monday night.

The game will also mark the return to action for Simon Ramsden after a spell out through injury.

TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
West Ham boss Alan Pardew has rejected reports that he has had a bust-up with Teddy Sheringham.

Sheringham returned to action last weekend after missing the previous eight games with a thigh problem.

Reports over the weekend claimed Pardew and Sheringham had fallen out over how long he was taking to recover from the injury.

But Pardew has moved quickly to rubbish the suggestion and insists he has no problem with the former England international.

"It's pure fabrication and absolute rubbish! There is no rift between Teddy and myself and there never has been," Pardew told the club's official website.

"He is working his way back to fitness and I was delighted to see him come on and score at Sunderland.

"I don't want to make an issue out of this situation. If I spent all my time defending these rumours then I'd never get anything else done!"

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
West Ham have completed the signing of midfielder Gavin Williams from Yeovil Town for a fee of £250,000.

The 24-year-old Welshman began his career with Hereford before joining Yeovil in May 2002.

Williams, who has played an integral part in the League Two side's excellent start to the season, told West Ham's official website: "It's a fabulous move to a great club."

He will not be available to face Leeds at Upton Park on Friday as he will be serving the final game of a three-match ban.

Hammers boss Alan Pardew is delighted to have completed the deal, and hopes Williams will provide his team with goals from midfield - something the Hammers have been struggling to achieve so far this season.

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
West Ham have reached agreement with Tottenham to take 18-year-old goalkeeper Robert Burch to Upton Park on a month's loan.

The Hammers do not have recognised back-up to Stephen Bywater after Jimmy Walker was ruled out for a month with a groin injury.

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
David Healy's controversial penalty in injury time was enough to earn Leeds a point as they fought out a 1-1 stalemate at West Ham.

The Northern Ireland striker looked to have won the decision when he crumpled under Steve Lomas' minimal contact, after the home side had bossed the second half.

A Luke Chadwick goal seemed to have earned West Ham a third consecutive victory but Healy's late intervention brought much-needed relief to Leeds boss Kevin Blackwell.

Two sides with loftier ambitions than their present Championship status drew a sell-out crowd to Upton Park on a cold Friday night in East London.

Bad result! A last minute lack of concentration cost us the 3 points grr!!

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Birmingham owner David Sullivan could leave St Andrews next year in order to buy a London club closer to his home.

The City chairman, who lives in Essex, revealed the commute to the midlands is starting to wear him down and he expressed an interest in making a move on Tottenham or West Ham.

He is already a minor shareholder at Spurs, while he held almost a third of shares at Upton Park before pulling out to buy Birmingham 12 years ago.

Rumour has it it's West Ham, but how much would Brown want for the club?

Sir

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Bad result against Leeds, West Ham threw that one away.

Yea i read about Sullivan being interested in West Ham. Wouldn't be a bad thing. The players are valued at about 9 million for the whole squad so i dunno what they would be wanting for the club?

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
West Ham are reported to be ready to offer controversial Algerian striker Abdelmalek Cherrad a route back into football.

Reports from Algeria claim that West Ham are to invite Cherrad over to London for a trial.

Cherrad is set to spend two weeks training with West Ham in the hope of winning a move to Upton Park.

Cherrad is currently without a club after being sacked by Ghent last month following a bust-up with team-mate Mustapha Oussalah.

The 23-year-old became involved a punch-up with Oussalah during a training session with Oussalah thought to be preparing to take legal action against the player.

It is not the first time that Cherrad has found himself in trouble as he was axed by French club Nice after disappearing for almost a month after an altercation with his brothers.

Cherrad was also handed a four-match ban by Fifa in September when he head-butted an opponent in a World Cup qualifier with Gabon.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Chris Powell has rejected West Ham's initial offer to turn his stay at Upton Park into a permanent arrangement.

The experienced full back has spent the past three months on loan at The Hammers from fellow London side Charlton Athletic.

Hammers boss Alan Pardew is keen to keep Powell and has offered the former England international a two-year contract.

But the 35-year-old has snubbed the deal as he is not happy with the wages being put forward by the Championship club.

Powell's agent Tony Finnigan insists the left back is prepared to take a pay cut to join West Ham but is holding out for a satisfactory deal.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Darren Powell will not be extending his stay at West Ham from Crystal Palace.

Eagles boss Iain Dowie said: "He's gone for a month and that is the end of the deal."

TRD

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
West Ham boss Alan Pardew has rejected reports linking Marlon Harewood with Norwich.

Reports have linked Norwich with a move for the Nottingham Forest man when the transfer window swings back into action next month.

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington is thought to be in the market for a new striker and is believed to be a fan of Harewood.

Pardew is not surprised Harewood is attracting interest from other club's, but is keen to keep him at Upton Park.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can't see them letting Harewood go but you never know..

Important time of the year now over the christmas period, the Hammers need to be right up there to stand a chance of automatic qualification.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Preston return to Deepdale looking to get back to winning ways after embarrassing back-to-back derby defeats at Wigan and Burnley. Billy Davies' side were beaten 5-0 by the Latics and then 2-0 at Turf Moor, continuing their dreadful sequence of results away from home.

They have fared better at home this season, however, winning seven of their 11 Championship matches at Deepdale.

Davies looks certain to hand a debut in midfield to Filipe Oliveira, who has signed on a month's loan from Premiership leaders Chelsea.

Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan is close to a return for North End after his hand injury, but Simon Lynch has joined Blackpool on loan and Eric Skora and Andy Smith are long-term absentees.

West Ham boss Alan Pardew has included recent signing Gavin Williams in his squad for the first time after he completed a three-match suspension.

Pardew has options in attack, with Teddy Sheringham in contention to replace Sergei Rebrov alongside top scorer Marlon Harewood.

Defender Malky Mackay is available again after a month-long absence with a calf injury and he will challenge Darren Powell and Anton Ferdinand for a starting role.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Chris Powell is to stay with West Ham after turning his loan move at Upton Park into a permanent switch.

The former England international defender has spent the last three months on loan at West Ham from Charlton Athletic.

Powell will always remember his six years at The Valley, but is now looking to help The Hammers back into The Premiership.

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Algerian international Abdelmalek Cherrad has turned down the chance of a trial at West Ham in order to try his luck with Greek side Iraklis.

Cherrad was offered the chance to earn a permanent move to Upton Park, but has decided that his future lies elsewhere.

The striker is currently a free agent after being sacked by Ghent for a training ground bust-up at the end of November.

It is not the first time the African ace has found his contract terminated, with Nice also showing him the door earlier this year after he disappeared from the club for three weeks after an argument with his brothers.

West Ham were keen to take a closer look at the talented forward, but it appears that Cherrad has plumped for the Greek league.

Cherrad will train with Iraklis at the start of next year, and will be aiming to earn himself another chance in European football.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hibernian boss Tony Mowbray is bracing himself for winter window bids for some of his talented youngsters.

The former Middlesbrough defender is aware that striker Derek Riordan has been watched by a number of clubs from south of the border.

Scottish newspaper reports claim Tottenham, West Ham and Fulham sent scouts to Easter Road on Saturday to see Riordan score a 90th minute winner in the 2-1 victory against Dunfermline.

It can only have enhanced the reputation of the 19-year-old, who is being rated in the 1 million class.

Skysports

Sir

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They need to do something as they are not scoring no where near enough goals. Something must be wrong, Harewood was banging them in before he came to West Ham, now its one every 3 games or so...

TRD

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It looks like Stoke may be preparing a bid for Zamora..

It will be interesting as to what they offer and if West ham will let him go. I can't say he has been excellent since he has been there but he hasn't exactly be that great either. I think it all depends on wether the Stoke board will release any funds...

TRD

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Teddy Sheringham and Marlon Harewood each scored second half penalties as West Ham fought back to earn a 2-2 draw at Rotherham.

The Hammers found themselves two goals behind to goals from Martin Butler and Martin McIntosh and although they recovered, their point was not enough to keep them in the play-off places.

Rotherham earned only their second win of the season when they beat Leicester on Boxing Day and they piled the pressure on under-fire Hammers boss Alan Pardew by opening up a 2-0 half time lead.

Junior had already had a goal disallowed for a foul on Tomas Repka by the time Butler opened the scoring in the 13th minute, beating Stephen Bywater for his first goal of an injury-hit season.

Mike Pollitt kept out Harewood's close-range shot to protect the home side's lead, before McIntosh doubled their advantage when he headed in from Paul McLaren's corner.

Nigel Reo-Coker missed a great chance to bring West Ham back into the game when he headed wide from close range, but they were given a lifeline 20 minutes from time when Pollitt was adjudged to have brought down Harewood.

Sheringham casually stroked the ball home from 12 yards for his 11th league goal of the season.

The veteran striker was then brought down in the area by McIntosh, and this time it was Harewood who blasted the ball beyond Pollitt from 12 yards.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Bristol Rovers have brought in West Ham United teenager Elliott Ward on a month's loan.

The defender has linked up with the League Two side for the next four weeks in a bid to accrue more experience.

Ward has made just one appearance for The Hammers this term, while he spent the start of the season on loan at Peterborough United.

The 19-year-old has now headed to the West Country, with Ward looking to prove himself during his time with Ian Atkins' side.

"I've come here as I want the chance to play first team football," Elliott told the club's official website.

"I'm here for a month, and hopefully I can do as much as I can to help us climb the league in that time.

"I've been waiting for a move so that I can get the experience I need and when I got the call from Ian Atkins I jumped at the chance to come to Rovers, as I've heard a lot about him and I know this is a good club."

Skysports

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join