It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Won't get him from Man U.

TRD

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Newp i wouldn't have thought so.

It looks like Tottenham have taken back davenport 2 weeks early, leaves us well short at the back....

TRD

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tottenham have recalled defender Calum Davenport from his loan spell at West Ham.

The powerful centre-back's three-month deal was due to expire at the end of November, and both Hammers boss Alan Pardew and Davenport were keen to extend it for the remainder of the season.

But Spurs have now brought Davenport back to White Hart Lane, leaving West Ham, who also have Malky Mackay (calf) out injured, looking short at the back.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
will be interesting to see if you get fletcher. that would be a good move for him and he should look good. although. the thing about him is that he sems a little light weight

TRD

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think Ferguson said he wouldn't let him go anywhere and he played him in the last game.

I think it's a bit ambitious by us to try to get him on loan but i think this is one deal that won't happen.

TRD

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
West Ham have swooped to sign Tottenham defender Mauricio Taricco on a free transfer. The Argentine defender has failed to feature for Spurs this season and is well down the pecking order at White Hart Lane. Taricco recently admitted he may have to leave Tottenham if he was not getting regular first team action.

West Ham boss Alan Pardew has moved to offer Taricco the chance to stay in London by bringing him to Upton Park.

WTF is this? Pardew is talking rubbish. Davenport was meant to be our player but because he looks real good they give us Tarrico for nothing. Pardew never wanted him, its a backhander to keep everyone stum.

"He's a proper West Ham player. I've wanted him for a while," said Pardew.

Now what do i think about Tarrico? Well he is pretty good but he gets alot of bookings and has a fiery temper. This doesn't fit well into the Championship Dv as its more physical and there is more chance of him getting sent off.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
yer. i have heard of tarrico. and for his first couple season at spurs he got lots of games. i guess as you are not going to be paying for a transfer thats at least some good news. although,. i think he would command a wage which would be regarded as high in the championship division.

TRD

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Man we got beat again...1-0 away to Millwall...

Pardew better sort it out or he could be in for the chop.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Things don't look good at the moment for the Hammers. Tarrico went off injured and they are look extremely short at the back now.

The fans were chanting 'Are you Roeder in disguise' to Pardew.

TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well we took Darren Powell on loan for a month from Crystal Palace.

TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
West Ham United's managing director Paul Aldridge has backed Alan Pardew to silence his critics

Pardew was jeered by Hammers supporters during Sunday's derby defeat to Millwall and that has placed question marks over his future at Upton Park.

Though West Ham are sixth in The Championship, they have lost three of their last four games in their quest for promotion back to The Premiership.

Since taking over the reins a year ago, Pardew has constantly chopped and changed his squad and has yet to gain the approval of the club's fans.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Jeeze can you believe it?

Tarrico has quit West Ham already.

He got injured on his debut and they reckon he will be out for a minimum of 2 months, so he decided to quit to save West Ham money...

Hrmm sounds a bit fishy to me...

TRD

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
West Ham United produced a stunning comeback at home to Watford to ease the burden on manager Alan Pardew.

Woeful defending allowed Brynjar Gunnarsson and Bruce Dyer to give Watford a two-goal lead but The Hammers were level before the break through Nigel Reo-Coker and Darren Powell, before Sergei Rebrov netted a second half winner.

The Hornets, who were on a nine-match unbeaten run, were ahead after just five minutes when Gunnarsson converted a cross as West Ham's defence looked on.

Midway through the first half, Watford could not believe their luck as the Hammers rearguard watched goalkeeper Richard Lee's clearance fall from the sky for Dyer to finish past Stephen Bywater.

That, though, was as good as it got for the visitors as West Ham were quickly level when Rebrov's free kick was parried by Lee and turned home by Reo-Coker.

By the half-hour mark, the hosts had squared the game up as Powell, on loan from Crystal Palace, thumped in Matthew Etherington's corner.

Watford rarely threatened again and Ukrainian ace Rebrov grabbed the winner on 58 minutes when he finished clinically from Etherington's pass.

Bobby Zamora and Luke Chadwick could have made the final stages more comfortable for Pardew but the Hammers chief will be satisfied to have returned to winning ways.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
West Ham United have made a bid to sign Yeovil Town's highly-rated forward Gavin Williams.

The 24-year-old is regarded as one of the most impressive players in the lower leagues and West Ham look ready to bolster their squad by landing him.

A number of clubs, including Hull City and Doncaster, have been tracking Williams over the past year, but he is now set to seal a deal to take him to Upton Park.

Williams travelled to East London on Wednesday and met up with his prospective new team-mates.

West Ham and Yeovil are now understood to be brokering the final figures of a deal which is likely to be close to six figures.

Williams joined Yeovil in 2002 and has done nothing but impress at Huish Park since his move.

The move to The Championship should also see the Merthyr Tydfil-born ace push for a place in the full Welsh squad.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeovil Town have confirmed that they are in advanced talks with West Ham United over Gavin Williams.

"Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has confirmed that talks are taking place between Yeovil Town and West Ham United regarding a possible transfer of Gavin Williams," said a Yeovil statement.

"No deal has been agreed as yet but Gavin Williams is talking to West Ham United and further details will be announced as soon as they have been finalised."

It is expected that the transfer will be completed in the next few days and Williams will be able to make his Hammers debut against Sunderland at the weekend.

Skysports

Sir

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Jeeze what is going on, he might be good who knows but c'mon we need to buy better players and fast. We are in trouble at the back, so why is he buying another striker?

TRD

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
West Ham's trip to Sunderland looks set to be the game to watch, but has stiff competition on a quality day for Championship football.

The Irons are in sixth place in the league, with a rapidly improving Sunderland pushing the top two in third.

Big game today and its going to be real tough away from home. Its a must win for us...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Last time i checked they was winning 1-0 today. If they did get the win then that was a great result.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They won 2-0 with a late goal from that man Sheringham.

Great result away from home for the hammers!

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah great result for us. Sunderland had a man sent off so that helped a bit. But its 3 points that count and it puts us in 5th place.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join