It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's a disgrace!

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sergei Rebrov insists he will remain patient and wait to be given a chance to impress at West Ham United.

The Ukrainian is currently being kept out of the first team by Marlon Harewood and Teddy Sheringham

"I am always positive and happy at West Ham, which is a big club with good traditions," Rebrov told the club's official website.

"I see how the supporters like this club and I like this club very much.

"I am fine, of course I want to play football, but I am being patient."

Skysports

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Notts County have allowed Youssef Sofiane to return to West Ham United, following his loan spell at Meadow Lane.

Sofiane linked up with the struggling League Two outfit in early September and made five appearances for Gary Mills' side.

The striker netted once during his month-long stint with The Magpies but was unable to play in the Carling Cup game against his employers.

He has now returned to Upton Park after Mills opted not to push through with any plans to extend his stay.

Sofiane will be waiting to discover if his time at Meadow Lane has helped his prospects of forcing his way in to the thinking of Hammers manager Alan Pardew.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The proposed Olympic stadium in London will not be handed to a football club after the 2012 Games. If London's bid is successful, the stadium will form the focal point of the Olympic Park in East London.

The venue was expected to be used for football after the Games, with West Ham the most likely beneficiary.

But London mayor Ken Livingstone said: "Sadly West Ham won't get the stadium. We will scale it down to around 25,000 seats for an athletics facility."

Following the 2002 Commonwealth Games, Manchester City took over the lease for the main stadium.

However, Livingstone believes a lasting athletics legacy will be more attractive to members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) when they evaluate London's bid.

BBC Sport

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
it's a joke that after allegedly spending all the money on our stadium we would move anyway.

TRD

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah thats what i thought....

Well not a bad win for us against Stoke with goals from Sheri and Shrimp head...

Gillingham this weekend so it should be another 3 points in the bag...

Sir

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yea good result and your right should be another 3 points this weekend. Gillingham are a piss poor team and if we cant beat them at home...

TRD

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
West Ham fans clashed with police after their 1-0 defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

Police in riot gear were confronted by visiting supporters in a corner section of the ground some 10 minutes after the final whistle.

Fans fought with police and Chelsea fans and it took 15 minutes for order to be restored.

It is understood that a number of fans were injured with one child being treated for crush related problems.

TRD

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
West Ham chairman Terry Brown has announced the club made an astonishing pre-tax profit of 11.8million for the year ending May 31, 2004.

The Hammers were thought to be on the brink of administration following relegation from the Premiership in 2002 and the subsequent player exodus from Upton Park which saw them narrowly miss out on promotion via the play-offs last season.

The sales of Glen Johnson and Joe Cole to Chelsea staved off the immediate threat of administration and the further transfers of the likes of Fredi Kanoute, Trevor Sinclair, Jermain Defoe, David James and most recently Michael Carrick brought in 24.8million, while manager Alan Pardew has spent just 5.1million on replacements.

The club's net bank borrowings has also fallen substantially, from 44.1million in 2003 to 33million this year.

Brown, who was the subject of a fans' campaign to remove him as chairman at the beginning of last season, said in his annual statement: "Following the devastating financial effects of relegation the results are little short of extraordinary. A remarkable achievement under the circumstances and I would like to thank all our staff who have made this financial progress possible.

"I understand, of course, that in footballing terms the club has fallen a long way in a short time and I realise how disappointing this is for supporters but our situation can change quickly.

"When that happens and we return to the Premier League we will be in better financial shape than when we left, with greatly reduced debts."

The Hammers currently lie fourth in the Championship table, six points behind leaders Wigan.

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Injuries to key players have forced West Ham manager Alan Pardew to pull the plug on Don Hutchison's loan move to Leeds.

The Scotland international was all set to move to Yorkshire for a month, but Sergei Rebrov (knee) and Teddy Sheringham (thigh) are both unavailable, so Hutchison is required to stay at Upton Park.

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
1-0 up today against Plymouth and by the sounds of it we should have held on. Game ended 1-1 so i guess a point away isn't that bad....

Leaves us in joint 5th place and were not losing ground on the teams above....

Sir

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Should have won the game, another one we let slip by.

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Yeah i thought we would have done much better. We need to go up automatically. I don't fancy our chances in the playoffs again this season.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
good to hear a team actually making a profit in football and doing well at the same time

never knew rebrov was at west ham, did you get him for next to nothing after his nightmare spell at spurs

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We got him on a free transfer....

Making a profit?

We was just over 40 million in debt, the wage bill was over 33 million.....

We sold over 24 million in players, cut the wage bill down to about 15 million....

Got 8 million in parachute payments off the league due to getting relegated....

We should be alot less than 33 million in debt like they saying we are...

Dirty robbing b'stards must have pocketed them money for sure...

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well after a couple of bad results for us we came out on top against QPR 2-1...

Keeps us in touch at the top end of the table and in joint 4th....

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They played Hutchingson up front and he was man of the match.

Hey what cracked me up was Terence Brown going on about West Ham being 30+ million in debt.

He is going to buy a 45 grand statuette to go in the lobby at the ground. Jeeze is he a dumb azz or what?

TRD

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don Hutchison has stated he wants to stay and fight for a place at West Ham United.

The former Liverpool forward seemed certain to leave Upton Park earlier in the season, as manager Alan Pardew said he felt the 33-year-old was not suited to life in The Championship.

Proposed moves to Leeds and Nottingham Forest failed to reach fruition and Pardew surprisingly handed Hutchison a starting spot against Queens Park Rangers at the weekend.

Hutchison responded with a superb display in the 2-1 win and he hopes to get more chances to impress.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Calum Davenport has insisted that he would like to stay with West Ham until the end of the season.

The young defender was the subject of a controversial move to Spurs from Coventry this season, moving straight back to The Championship on loan to The Irons, but has enjoyed his time at Upton Park.

The England Under-21 star has played nine times since arriving at West Ham early in September, and is keen to keep learning.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
West Ham are believed to be attempting to bring in Manchester United and Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher on loan.

Fletcher has slipped out contention for the Red Devils first team, and may be a candidate for a loan spell away from the club.

It looks like Fergie wont let him go out on loan though...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join