It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Skipper Christian Dailly has pledged his future to West Ham but admits the club have no alternative but to cash in on midfielder Michael Carrick.

Alan Pardew's side failed to gain promotion to the Premiership after losing the Division One play-off to Crystal Palace.

Carrick's contract expires next summer, meaning the Hammers have to sell now to be guaranteed a transfer fee.

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew insists he will not be forced to axe Christian Dailly or Steve Lomas due to the financial worries at Upton Park. Pardew is under pressure to reduce the wage bill again this summer, with several highly-paid veterans facing an uncertain future.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Manager Alan Pardew has vowed to cut down on the amount of loan players at West Ham next season.

Pardew reckons his side were let down by the short-term signings made by the club last term.

West Ham employed 11 loan players but missed out on promotion by losing the play-off final to Crystal Palace.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Pardew has stated again that..............

He insists he will not be forced to axe Christian Dailly or Steve Lomas due to the financial worries at Upton Park.

The Hammers are deep in debt, and missed out on an immediate return to the Barclays Premiership by losing the play-off final to Crystal Palace.

Pardew is under pressure to reduce the wage bill again this summer, with several highly-paid veterans facing an uncertain future.

But key men like skipper Dailly and midfielder Lomas will escape any cull, despite their high salaries.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew insists his squad can win promotion next season now his signings have had time to settle in.

Pardew admits he signed younger prospects as the financial realities of football took their toll at Upton Park last season.

But he reckons players like Nigel Reo-Coker and Jobi McAnuff will be changed men from the start of the new campaign.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
West Ham goalkeeper Stephen Bywater has signed a new contract to stay at Upton Park until 2007.

The Hammers renegotiated the terms of Bywater's original transfer from Rochdale six years ago before offering him a deal.

Under that agreement West Ham would have been required to pay up to 2.4million for the stopper based on appearances.

But managing director Paul Aldridge said: "After protracted discussions I'm delighted the club has finally reached an agreement with Rochdale and we're able to offer Stephen a new deal.

TRD

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
West Ham boss Alan Pardew says having Rufus Brevet back for the new season will be as good as a new signing.

Left-back Brevett played only three games of last season being sustaining a knee injury that ruled him out for the rest of the campaign.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ipswich Town have sealed a move for Kevin Horlock from Championship rivals West Ham United.

The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international has inked a two-year deal having been released from his Hammers contract.

Town boss Joe Royle is well aware of the player's capabilities having managed the competitive midfielder at Manchester City.

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
West Ham striker David Connolly looks set to leave for Leicester after the two clubs agreed a fee of 500,000 for the 27-year-old.

The Republic of Ireland international will undergo a medical before discussing personal terms with the Foxes this week.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thats a surprising move i thought they would keep him. I guess he didn't get on with Harewood so i heard. Thing is Harewood will get you 30 goals a season and Connelly won't but Connelly adds a different dimension with his hold up and the way he plays. I don't know if it's a good move or not.

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
West Ham striker Richard Garcia is eyeing a move away from Upton Park as he seeks to get his career back on track.

The Australian ace, who is currently recovering from a cruciate ligament injury, is frustrated at his lack of first team chances with The Hammers.

Garcia is now considering his options and is ready to move for a new challenge.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
To be honest Garcia has been pretty useless at the hammers. I heard he only got his new deal as he is injured and they have to wait until he is fit to get rid of him.

Sir

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Teddy Sheringham on Wednesday completed his move to West Ham - the club he supported as a boy - and immediately set his sights on helping them return to the top flight.

The 38-year-old former England striker is not much loved by Hammers fans from his time spent at London rivals Tottenham and Millwall.

But Sheringham, who has signed a one-year contract, was born in Highams Park and insists it is an honour to join the club he once watched from the terraces at Upton Park.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Could be a good signing by the Hammers, I think Sheri still has a bit left in him yet.

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
He could turn out to be a great signing and dropped his wage to about 7,000 a week. If he stays fit he can still be a fantastic player and will fit into the side real well. It looks like Connelly will go as the fee has been accepted it's just upto him if he can agree personel terms.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looks like sunderland now are stepping up in the stakes to sign Connelly.

Sir

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To be honest i would let him go. He is not a prolific goalscorer and with Sheringham signing i would take the money.

TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew wants striker Youssef Sofiane to prove he deserves a place in the first team.

He has started only one League Cup game for the club since signing on a free transfer from Auxerre two years ago.

Sofiane was loaned out to Lille last season but returned in the summer and scored in the 5-0 pre-season win against Swedish side Ulmea.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
He could turn out to be a great signing and dropped his wage to about 7,000 a week. If he stays fit he can still be a fantastic player and will fit into the side real well. It looks like Connelly will go as the fee has been accepted it's just upto him if he can agree personel terms.

HAHAHA thats what i said last term hwe fukkin only scored 7 goals for us!

TRD

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yeah but he was out injured for you for awhile and this is the 1st div were talking about not the Prem...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join