It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
West Ham's first away win since early February - a 2-0 victory over Stoke - edged them closer to the play-offs and delighted manager Alan Pardew.

Pardew's men had lost their last four games on the road, a run which had threatened to deny them a top-six finish.

But the Hammers were full value for three priceless points against a Stoke side which fired blanks.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Big game today at home to keep us in the place off's and we got a goal from old biy Don Hutchinson!!!

West Ham 1 Watford 0

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Half time and its West Ham 2 Watford 0

Goal by Christian Dailly with his head from a corner by Etherington..

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Looks like we are going to get the win we need 3-0 now with a penalty from Harewood!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nice yep will thyat take you the play offs?

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well we was in the playoff positions already but there is about 6/7 teams in with a chance to grab one of the 4 places..

It looks like some of the results are going our way so i reckon we will make it with just one game left after this..

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Harewood got another goal in the 90th minute so we won 4-0..Great result and it will set us up nicely for the last game against Wigan!

TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It looks like we have made the playoff's even if wigan beat us. Looking at the goal difference and the points everyone else has around us as long as we don't get beaten 5-0 or something we should be through.

P GD PTS

1 Norwich 44 39 91
2 West Brom 44 27 86
3 West Ham Utd 45 22 73
4 Sunderland 44 15 73
5 Crystal Palace 45 12 73
6 Ipswich Town 45 12 72
7 Wigan Athletic 45 15 70
8 Sheff Utd 45 9 70
9 Reading 45 -1 70
10 Millwall 45 6 66
11 Cardiff City 45 10 64
12 Coventry City 45 12 62
13 Stoke City 44 0 62
14 Preston 45 -2 58
15 Nottm Forest 45 1 57
16 Rotherham Utd 45 -7 54
17 Watford 45 -15 54
18 Crewe 45 -7 53
19 Burnley 45 -16 53
20 Derby County 45 -13 52
21 Gillingham 45 -19 50
22 Walsall 45 -21 48
23 Bradford City 45 -30 36
24 Wimbledon 45 -49 26

TRD

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A dramatic last-minute goal by West Ham's Brian Deane denied Wigan a place in the Nationwide One play-offs and also handed Crystal Palace a top-six finish.

The veteran substitute headed in Michael Carrick's cross to deal the Latics a knock-out blow.

Hammers manager Alan Pardew, whose side now face Ipswich in the play-offs, admitted a key motivation for his side was not having to return to the JJB Stadium to face Wigan again next week.

Well we made it and it's going to be tough but i fancy our chances against Ipswich. C'mon you Irons!!!!!!!

Sir

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yea!!! In the playoffs.

It's not going to be easy and as you say you have to fancy ourselves against Ipswich. If we do get through the final will be much harder. Sunderland or Palace.

TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yep it's going to be tough. I wonder what team he will put out? Most of the players have been doing good and i was glad he had Repka on the bench agaisnt Wigan, lets hope it spells the end of him at West Ham.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the Hammers will beat Ipswich and i even think they will win the playoffs altogether. Palace are shyte and there good run will come to a end and Sunderland are bottlers.

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
West Ham manager Alan Pardew has denied making an approach for Chelsea defender Robert Huth.

But Pardew admitted the German defender, sent off against Manchester United last weekend, is a player he admires.

West Ham are bidding for a return to the Premiership via the play-offs and Pardew is on the look-out for new faces.

TRD

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Alan Pardew insists West Ham will take the tension of the play-offs in their stride because they have been coping under immense pressure all season.

Expectations are high in east London, where the Hammers faithful want nothing less than a quick return to the Barclaycard Premiership after the ignominy of relegation last season.

But ahead of the semi-final first-leg clash with Ipswich at Portman Road on Saturday, manager Pardew claims his side will take strength from having played under pressure to achieve all season.

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Darren Bent shrugged off the distraction of his midweek arrest to put Ipswich in pole position in their Division One play-off semi-final against West Ham with the matchwinner in the first leg at Portman Road.

Carrick forced a diving save from Davis with a curling free-kick with barely 10 minutes remaining, and substitute Jobi McAnuff then had a well-struck shot blocked as the Hammers regrouped.

The fightback was momentarily halted by the appearance on the pitch of a protester who had to be removed by stewards, but in reality West Ham had little left to offer the 4,500 travelling fans.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It wasn't such a bad result and we got to fancy our chances at home. Thing is we played pretty badly and have to really step it up on Tuesday or else it's first div again for us.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Christian Dailly scored the crucial goal on Tuesday night as West Ham beat Ipswich 2-0 to secure a 2-1 aggregate win and a play-off final showdown with Crystal Palace next Saturday..

YES C'MON YOU IRONS!!!!

OMG you don't know how happy i am. We made it to the play-off finals and i will be going there!!!!!! What a game we was all over them..

*dances round room*

[Edited on 18/5/04 by TRD]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wanna see West Ham back in da Premiership too so does Mr Redknapp you can bet your top dollar that he is gonna watch the play off final against Palace.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wanna see them their too lol!!!

Well we have a great chance to make it and it's up to the players now. If we show the commitment and passion like we did the other night we can win it.

TRD

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don Hutchison is praying for better luck with West Ham than he had the last time he faced Crystal Palace in a play-off final.

The Hammers forward was at Sheffield United when he was stretchered off during the 1996-97 First Division final against the Eagles.

Palace eventually went on to win that game, and the memory of the day still rankles with the 33-year-old Scot.

Hutchison is again battling with an injury ahead of West Ham's trip to the Millennium Stadium for a final against Palace after missing the semi-final win over Ipswich.

But he is confident his calf injury will be fully healed in time to make the squad, and approves of the play-off format despite his own misfortune.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join