It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everton: Andy Johnson to sign..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson has revealed he has decided to join Everton. Everton along with Bolton and Wigan were vying for Johnson's signature after all three agreed fees in the region of 8.5 million with Crystal Palace for the player. Johnson, who is on England's stand-by list for the World Cup squad, held talks with all three clubs over the weekend.

Skysports

It will be interesting if he does go to Everton. He will ge much better service than he has had at Palace and will not be playing up front on his own.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ahhhhh...... hes going to Everton

I had read Bolton had made an 8.5 million pound bid for him and a few other teams were interested, just not willing to match the price. Guess they managed to get the cash together to move for him.

I think Everton was the team he wanted to sign for

Still, good signing

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good signing.

Palace did accept the other bids but as there was a few he chose Everton. Bolton wouldn't have been a bad choice but i guess he see's Everton as having more potential... lol

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Am guessing with regards to Bolton, he didnt rate has chances of beating Keven Davies to a starting slot haha!

Yeah, i think AJ will come in and do a job, i think he will prove to be more valuable to the team than that clown, the big burley guy.....Beattie.

I think Everton sold bent? who i thought was great! same with the Canadian.. (Radinzski) whos ended up at Fulham. Decent strikers but they let them go.

Everton had quite a poor season, i think they didnt live up the expectations which was placed apon them. Am not sure how many goals they scored, or who there top scorer was but it makes you wonder if the striking department was rather AWOL

AJ will score goals, if he shines and does well, i think someone in the future will snap him up. Maybe he will be considered for England now, though its a bit late

Still, i would have prefered to see him in a Bolton top. I think we are still waiting for Sam to sign someone, wonder how many world cup players he will sign haha!

top topics

join