It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everton: Everton to land Forssell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i never seen this one coming

Everton have revealed that they are 'close' to landing Mikael Forssell.

The highly-rated Finn missed most of last season through injury, after beginning the campaign on loan to Birmingham City from Chelsea - as he did the year before.

Despite his injury lay-off demand has not been hard to come by, as Birmingham, Tottenham, Portsmouth and a number of German sides were also keen on setting up a deal.

link

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
interesting, i just have the feeling too many sigings by everton could be a backfire and the team slide into the mid table positions, top 10 more likely this year, just the signings take time to settle.

Having said that Forsell i decent and having a good strike partner helps Marcus Bent, who had most of the pressur this year

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
he is supposed to sign for this friday

Everton say they are closing in on a deal to sign Chelsea's Finnish international striker Mikael Forssell.

Blues chief executive Keith Wyness revealed that the clubs have held talks about the 24-year-old player, who it is believed would cost around £4m.

"We haven't reached agreement yet, but we are not far apart now," he told the club's website.

link

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
good post Dilly.

i noticed you said Forrsell could partner marcus bent, what about Beattie? i think the thing here is the 3 of them are different.

Forrsell bangs goals, bents got pace and Beattie is the football version of the honey monster.

on the one had.... they do need to sign players cos that team they had would not be good enough to go far in Europe i doubt. So adding a few better players is going to help. They really need to gel quick i reckon.

On the other hand, if they dont gel and there is 4 or 5 players struggling to adapt its going to affect team morale etc i reckon

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Forssell is a great player and he will only improve the Everton side. They will have a great season again and could easily make the top six, seven in the league..

[Edited on 1/6/05 by TRD]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Everton slide? I can't see that happening, there is too many rubbish sides in the Prem for that to happen.

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think they will stay at the top end of the table now. Moyes is buying some decent players and the money is burning a hole in his pocket. Forssell is undergoing a strict medical over about two days and as long as he passes he will sign.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
well.. theres supposed to be competition for Forrsell now, i aint sure who from though.

I think the players they are alooking to get are good, but if they dont click i reckon it wil affect the team

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I read that it looks like he isn't over his injury so he might not sign for Everton, some one might take a gamble on him though.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Competition is mounting in Scott Parker and Mikael Forssell as Everton try - seemingly in vain - to seal a quick deal for the Chelsea pair.

The Toffees made their double move late last month as they looked to beat a host of clubs to the duo.

However, various complications - including interest from other clubs - is threatening both deals.

Source

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Chelsea striker Mikael Forssell has denied undergoing a medical with Everton. The Finland international is in great demand with a number of clubs from The Premiership and abroad keen to lure him away from Stamford Bridge. Birmingham City and Portsmouth are among Forssell's suitors but it has been suggested that Toffees boss David Moyes was leading the chase and close to pulling off a deal last week. As any transfer seems to have stalled, despite reports that he was due to undertake a medical at Goodison Park, the former Crystal Palace attacker has attempted to clear up the situation.

LINK

new topics

top topics

join