It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everton: Arteta inks Toffees deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Everton have sealed the loan signing of Mikel Arteta until the end of the season. Arteta has grown increasingly frustrated at a lack of opportunities at Real Sociedad and recently stated his willingness to leave the Basque outfit in his pursuit of first team football. Everton were in the market for a midfielder following the reluctant sale of Thomas Gravesen and have now filled that void with Arteta's signature.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
when he was at rangers, ferguson stole the the limelight, but arteta did well and went about his job quietly.

there was soo much talk of him being a superstar and got linked to alot of clubs. i thought he would be good enought to get first team football in spain.

am suprised its not the case, though, i think everton done well to get him

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is he the midget midfielder? If it is in some games i saw he was well greedy on the ball.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
hehe. he isnt phyicaly big, in that respect he is a wee guy lol. long hair when he played in scotland, dark down to about his neck. i think he wore some sort of hair band too.

he scored 1 goal in 15 games at sociedad, and something happened and he got dumped. and not got into the team since. it sounds like a falling out

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ah yeah its the same guy i was thinking of. Yeah he did have a big reputation but didn't do aswell as expected.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
yer, wonder if everton will be looking to make it permanent? i doubt sociedad will want to keep him full time now

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hes looking to stay at everton

Spanish schemer Mikel Arteta has revealed that he wants to turn his loan stay at Everton into a permanent arrangement.

The midfielder arrived at Goodison Park in the January transfer window and was handed the unenviable task of filling the boots of the departed Thomas Gravesen.

Although he is in a different mould to the no-nonsense Gravesen, Arteta has won over the Merseyside faithful with his industrious displays in the Everton engine room.

link

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
He was at Barca and couldn't cut it, decent player has done and will do well at Everton.

new topics

top topics

join