It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hollow Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
jungle,

I can provide many sources but since you want science, the best place is to do a search under theoritical physics.
It can be heavy reading but there are sites out there with more civil 'english' rendering of theories.

Once you have done that and satisfied yourself that:

A. bright and legit minds are considering these things
B. why we cannot prove they exist or measure them currently
C. the implications for validating this info.

then I can take you down a more interesting and purposeful path but one where a degree of faith is required.

Gazrok,

so be it.

I too did not believe nor could I have visualized it.

but you have come quite aways already, right?

keep fighing.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
TheNeo, I love reading about theoretical physics, and various things like that. That was actually how I found this website the other day, trying to find out more about the teleportation theories and the experiment run last year or the year before where they teleported a photon.

As for faith...I can tell you I'm a christian, but that no longer takes faith, because I know

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I believe the hollow earth idea could be correct. It could be like the Bermuda Triangle type of thing where you step into another dimension and a whole new world opens up before you. And the particular dimension may be the reverse of the reality we live on outside. The people inside the earth probably say, "No One can live on the surface of the earth, they'd fall off," or something like that.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Re: to

I've got a pretty open mind.....but I'm curious how the proponents of the hollow earth idea explain the pressure part of this...

Ok I'm not sure of a sun being in the earth.
But I do know this the Ocean in its extream depths has a lot of pressure but this pressure is caused by the waters own weight hence the deeper you go the more water that is on top of you. It would be like laying on the ground and letting some one build a building on top of you brick by brick sooner than later it will crush you!The crust would not be able with all the plates shifting and cracking be able hold this back. Unless ofcourse the Earth is full of water. But then if that was the case what about Lava! Ahhhhhhhh its easer to beleave in ET

AlBeMet

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Surely we only believe it needs to be sold because we are told it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Most everything at this website is FICTION is it not?

Oh I get it,

you want to believe what you want to believe,

cause it somehow makes you feel better.

I on the other hand can accept anything to a degree until conclusively proven wrong.

If you believe in any god then you HAVE to believe in other realms.

If you are an atheist then you only believe in that which your senses can comprehend. Then all I have to say is this: you got a lot of things to EXPLAIN in this world and you better get started. Oh, and don't consider debunking an explanation of anything, because I do not.

Interesting questions you raise about this and other ideas, TheNeo.

Personally, I have my own beliefs on a lot of things in the world. I like to look at all possibilities, weighing for myself all the evidence I can find. Then I look at what seems to be the most believeable for me personally.

While I don't currently believe the Hollow Earth theory to be true, I can't say for certain that this is correct. If experience or knowledge leads me to a change in that line of thinking at some future time, then so be it. For now, I'm not buying the Hollow Earth though.

As for your question about someone else's belief that most things on this site are fiction, I believe that most fiction is based on reality -- actual events -- in some exaggerated form. As more and more of our myths are found to have some basis in truth, we cannot deny the possibility that all of them may simply be some exaggerated form of the truth.

While that may include the Hollow Earth, I don't have enough info that convinces me to think it's the way it is portrayed in writings or in the diagram.

As an aside though, I remember a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book from my childhood that was about exploring the Hollow Earth. Interesting concept, but I just didn't agree with all of the details.

[Edited on 12/7/2003 by TheDemonHunter]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
HMMMM..WELL THANKS FOR ALL THE GIGGLES GREAT POSTERS......
AS ANY FARM BOY WILL TELL YA...WHEN YA SWING THAT OLE BUCKET FULL OF HOGG SWILL OVER THE FENCE..THE STUFF ON THE OUTSIDE SWINGS OFF AT GREAT FORCE.....AND CAN GO A COUNTRY MILE...
THE STUFF INSIDE(HOGGS DINNER)STAYS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BUCKET...

WHY..?GRAVITY??HMMMM..

THEN WHY?DON'T WE FLING OF INTO SPACE AS THE EARTH IS TURNING ROUND AT 1000 MILES AN HOUR OR SO..?
SO YOU ASK YOUR SELF...WHAT HOLDS THE DIRT ON THIS DUST BALL THEN???
SOME SAY GRAVITY......
I SAY A BIGGGGGG'''BALL OF DUCT TAPE(MAYBE)

WELL'''HAVE YA EVER SEE DUST HOVER IN MID AIR? OR GO >>UP>>>HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WITH GRAVITY..
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT GRAVITY....
WELL THESE ARE A FEW LITTLE QUESTIONS THAT SPARK THE MIND WHEN TALKING ABOUT ""THE HOLLOW EARTH""
AND WHY'''THE ""BIG""BOYS FROM EVERY FLAG...HAVE A LITTLE BASE DOWN AT THE SOUTH POLE......

I AM A PILOT (ALMOST 400 HRS. IN THE FROZEN NORTH)AND DID MY TRAINING WITH THE FIRST WOMAN TO FLY OVER THE NORTH POLE BY HER SELF....
SHE HAS A FEW STORIES TO TELL.....AND NO AXE TO GRIND''''>>>>>JUST ASK''THE SAINT OF THE BERYLLIUM SPHERE..........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join