It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everton: Moyes enjoying life at the top

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Everton boss David Moyes is enjoying life at the right end of the table, not least because it has forced some high-profile critics to eat their words.

The Toffees were among the favourites for relegation at the start of the campaign, but have defied expectations by producing some entertaining football to climb to third in the Premiership.

Moyes said: "I don't know if the critics are waiting for the bubble to burst, but we have won six out of nine so far and that is a decent return.

"That is why it has been nice to hear people say good things about us and deep down we have been s'n-word'ing to ourselves that everyone seems to have been getting it wrong about us."

The Scot admitted that his side's form had surprised him, but he is determined to make the most of their good start.

"We started the season with certain goals, but if those change as the season goes on, it shows how much we have achieved," he said.

"There are several clubs like us who are first intent on retaining our Premiership status, apart from about three clubs, that's the same for most.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i gotta admit, they have suprised me, noticed they managed to get another point yesterday and are still 3rd. thats 11 games now, so nealry a 3rd of the season, just think if moyes works wonders in the transfer market in december,

TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well i thought they was going to struggle and was relegation material for sure. Looks like they have surprised everyone. Wonder how they would have done if Rooney was in the side still....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yer, i thought they where certs to struggle, really suprised me, and with man utd getting rooney, everton are sitting above them hehe

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah that is a bit of a shocker to be above Man U.

Rooney hasn't played in all the games as he was out at the start also Nistlerooy was out. Even saying that with the squad they have they should be doing much better than they have been...

As for Everton they are definatly the dark horses. The real good thing is Moyes will have money to spend in January and will not have to pressure buy. He can take his pick and bring in a couple of really good players.

top topics

join