It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everton: Moyes: We can keep going

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The difference between Everton and Chelsea - apart from one billionaire owner - is just one solitary point at the moment.

Everton are unashamedly basking in third place in the Barclays Premiership, a position they can hardly believe possible with a quarter of the season already gone.

Surely it cannot go on like this, the critics insist, but Everton's manager of the month boss David Moyes is having none of it.

His side racked up their fourth 1-0 win of the campaign thanks to Leon Osman's late goal at home to Southampton and Moyes has urged his players to savour their success.

"It's great that we have expectations here now, because nobody expected anything so let's get a bit giddy, a bit high," he said.

"Everybody should enjoy it. We are up there on merit and moving forward."

Like Chelsea, they could soon have some Russian money of their own, coming via the complicated route of the Dubai-based Fortress Sports Fund in a few weeks, but it will be more like 20million than the 200million-plus Roman Abramovich has spent on Chelsea.

For now, though, Everton are happy to demonstrate that you can still challenge the mighty by spending buttons and being organised, brave, confident and committed.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
it goes to show that you can build good teams without having the largest sums of money being available. i think moyes is a good manager, he had a good track record with preston and last time i checked, craig brown hasnt maintained the standars moyes set.

although, i dont think everton will stay in the top 8 by the time the season ends

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They was one of the teams everyone fancied going down, esp after selling Rooney. The way some of these other sides are playing, they have a good chance to get a high position.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yer, i feel there will be a period when they slip up and it takes alot out of them,

for me, you got arsenal, man utd, chelsea, spurs, newcastle, liverpool, bolton i think could do really well this season and then there will be other teams up there challenging to for uefa spots, i dunno if i can see everton doing it

new topics

top topics

join