It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Lampard fancies Barcalona?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Frank Lampard has revealed that a move to Barcelona would be a 'dream'. The Chelsea star is currently tied down to a long-term deal at Stamford Bridge and the English champions are ready to offer him fresh terms following their successful defence of The Premiership title. However, with Lampard's partner hailing from Catalunya - a move to Barcelona has always been mooted as possible option for the 27-year-old.

Skysports

Will he stay, will he go? Who knows... Sometimes when a player has been at a club for awhile they look for new challenges.

The way Abramovich throws money around it so easy to be successfull. But do players want it that easy? People might say yea he was a good player but he only won trophies as the owner splashed out 100's of millions on players and kept buying a new team every season. And the chance to play with the best player in the world Ronaldinho might be too tempting.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I agree entirely and maybe thats why Abramovich is making sure that the new entries, Shevchenko and Ballack, are more than able to replace Lampard if he has a fit of pique like Gallas. I think the social home-life balance for footballers is becoming far more persistant, and they know they can earn wages close to what they get virtually anywhere in the world. In so saying, they've also been on 100k pounds a week and after 4-5 years of that money isn't their biggest driver anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PavingSlab
In so saying, they've also been on 100k pounds a week and after 4-5 years of that money isn't their biggest driver anymore.

What about Beckham

I thought when they signed Ballack that he would have been a direct replacement. Hes played against Barcelona alot now and i would imagine this has influenced him in liking Barcelona, they are a huge team with a great history. I think he would want to win the Champs League with Chelsea, winning the English will get boring for him now.

I think this could be his last season, if Lampard and Ballack don't connect well, that would give Mourinho the reason to sell him. Still, selling to a major oppenent would be daft.

The other thing is.... Barca have the guy Messi who i think is amazing, if they bought Lampard that would kinda ruin Messi's chances in the team.

join