It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea leading Ballack chase?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think what the agent says about Real rings alot of truth, i dont think any of the players will know were they stand between now and the end of the season never mind possible signings.

I think if he came in, then Maniche would be moving out and Ballack is the better player. But.... Mourinho likes his 3 centre midfielders in Lampard Essien and Mackelele, i dont thnik Ballack would walk straight into the team and they cant play the 4 of them

Michael Becker told BBC Sport: "Nothing has been signed, but there will be ongoing contact with Chelsea. There is strong interest from both sides.

"The trend is in this direction (to move to Chelsea).

"Michael had initially been very keen on Real Madrid. But the leadership changes there in the last few months mean we don't know what's happening."

source

TRD

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not sure about him, Man U has been linked with him for ages. But isn't he knocking on a bit now?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Not sure about him, Man U has been linked with him for ages. But isn't he knocking on a bit now?

The same could be said about you

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I guess with Mourinho coming out and saying this, Ballack to Chelsea will be a done deal come the end of the season. I aint sure whos going to be the one getting dumped.

Maniche aint featured much, not really made an impact so i think he will be leaving. I think part of the deal there was, Mourinho was rescuing him from a nightmare

Like Mourinho says, Ballack gives the team alot. Hes strong, scores headers, scores with both feet, strong. A real powerhouse midfielder. Him and Lampard does sound an impressive partnership, not sure how well they will click but you would imagine they will

I think the trio will be Lampard, Ballack and Essien. Sounds pretty impressive, i think Mackelele will be more of a bit part player if Ballack does sign

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed he wants to sign Michael Ballack - and is waiting for the Germany captain to give him an answer.

Ballack, 29, is out of contract at Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

And Mourinho told German newspaper Bild: "I want him. He has said he needs time before making a decision. I respect that. Now it's up to him."

Source BBC

TRD

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well they signed him and he's getting paid 130grand a week.. Its a 3 year deal and its going to cost Chelsea 30mill.. Thats alot of money and although he is a good player, he's not that young. I'm not sure how he will do but the new season should be interesting.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, i heard they had signed him and jeeze! 130 grand a week, i take it hes the highest paid player in the UK then. Does that mean Rio Ferdinand will ask for a wage rise? hah...

I think hes good and although hes not the youngest player, he can score all sort of goals, can header the ball, is pretty tough and can play a bit

Now..... there has been a bit talk of whos place is he getting, i believe one of the stories is saying that Lampard is leaving to go to Barcelona in a big deal since Henry is supposed to be staying. Thats who they are making there big summer signing

TRD

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I cant see him going, they bought Ballack to play alongside him.

new topics

top topics

join