It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea v Liverpool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A crushing win for Chelsea, although not deserving in the first half, and very hard to accept Robben getting Reina sent off, it could not be condoned. As the paper said, going down like that would normally mean a week in hospital. I really don't like that sort of cheating, but it's getting worse in football.

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I though Liverpool battled well and at times was much better than Chelsea. Although Reina raised his hand it was nothing malicious and Robben went down like he had snapped his neck in two. The tackle Reina did was a fair one and wouldn't have deserved a booking. Was it what he did to Robben what got him the red card? Or both?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think it was a yellow for the tackle and a red for the push TRD, pretty unfair as I thought Robben should have got a yellow for over-acting

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Start of the game, Liverpool were the better team. Every ball into the box, Crouch was getting. But i thought Chelsea slowed the tempo to a degree and got into there counter attack style.

In the 2nd half they got the goal, and i think the goal they scored is the kinda goal champion teams score. And then with Crespo scoring a good goal late on the game was sealed. 2 nil up, there was no chance of them losing. And the thing is, they could have scored a couple more.

Robben, with him getting sent of the other week and with yesterdays game, every decision that goes against him, he goes nuts (reminds me of Gary Neville who seems to shout in the refs face and get away with it). I thought a few times, hes raging ie. about an offside decision.

I think the Keeper was going to get a yellow card for the slide tackle, i cant imagine a red for that. And then with him slapping Robben, he fell for the bait. I think its fair to say, he should have known better

I think Robben looks a cracking player, a great left foot and has pace, and hes really direct at running at players. But his attitude needs to be sorted out, same with Carvalho, at some point hes going to give away a penalty, he plays on the border of the rules

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Agreed Robben is quite special, but will never be great because of his attitude. He has 10 times the skills of Terry but will never be as good because he never applies himself. I think he's heading towards being good but wasting a pure skill that he's been born with.

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Mourinho was worried about his commitment a little while ago, thats why he dropped him. I think he said he wasnt giving enough to the team. Sometimes he doesn't look like he is interested in playing if things dont go his way. But yea he is a special player.

But theres no reason to do what he did, its getting worse in the game ever since that Man U v Arsenal game and what the gooners did to Van Nistlerooy. Players seem to think they are above everything now and can get away with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yip, hes been in and out of the team a fair bit. But with him being sent off, and yesterday getting a player sent off. He could have got booked for the dive, but i think Mourinho is a smart guy when it comes to this sort of thing, i think hes going to say cut if out or your dumped.

He said to Cole a while back, hey, your great at tricks and dribbling but i want you to play for the team. Since then Cole has been great, he still does little tricks and takes players on, but he is working soooo much harder.

I thought Lassana Diarra looked good, if you didnt know better you would have thought he was Makelele

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well they have a real wealth of top class players now that seem to be melding into a team. 15 points ahead of Man U/Arsenal/Liverppol would be a crazy target for anyone to set at the beginning of the season. They've had no real blip to speak of, but as sure as eggs are eggs, it will come. Maybe it'll be Premiership ease and a thumping at the hands of Barcelona this time round. Call me a pessimist but I can't help feeling there's a fall somewhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think they might have had there little slip, what was it.... a couple of draws? Charlton and Aston Villa and they have conceded in a number of games before Liverpol which is unusual for them.

Domestic speaking, i think they might lose a game when the league is won. But up until then, i think they will be pretty solid.

Not sure whats going to happen with the Barcelona game, its 50-50 in my view.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Might be right Ryno, was that the slip you spoke of last weekemd?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
depends if you are saying the league is won

new topics

top topics

join