It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mourinho eager for Maniche switch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes Dynamo Moscow's Portuguese midfielder Maniche will adapt quickly to life in England if he joins the London club.

The 28-year-old is set to sign on loan until the end of the season, when Chelsea will have a £5m option to buy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As i Chelsea fan, i don't think we need Maniche, we already have one of the best midfields in the world. I feel Maniche will find it hard to break into the squad and will rarely get a game.

thats my view.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
yip, i know what you mean cos its basically a case of, is he going to get a game?? especially as Chelsea normally go with the 3 midfielders in the centre of the park in Lampard, Essien and Mackelele.

Though, Essien is going to be missing for some games, the african games that are on maybe next month i think the article says, but Eidur was supposed to have had a cracking game against Birmingham the other day and i think he always has a good game when he plays, so he might get his slot in the team.

I think the biggest worry is when Lampard doesnt play, he scores soo many and sets so many up, a key player no doubt about it. Last season, when you lost in the Champions League, wasnt one of the issues you were missing alot of players? the squad depth wasnt that great?

i remember Maniche for Portugal and Porto, he was amazing, he could score, set up and worked really hard, Mourinho knows what he would be getting.

Maybe Mourinho is thinking, if Lampard is injured, say when the deadline closes, i cant replace him with anyone so am going to have cover just incase

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hey, i see the loan deal is a done deal

and woah! the guy cost like 15 million? to sign for the club hes on loan from.

I guess that means he didnt do that well, but Mourinho knows the guy inside out.

Am i right in saying if Chelsea want to sign him in the summer. the cost is £5 million?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
seen him play today, he maybe got 35 minutes and came on for Mackelele, and i gotta say he looked good.

He looks a bit fat, but it think its his shape rather than him being fat, played alot of passes and blended in really well. Some nice touches too

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Didn't think Chelsea needed another mildfielder either, but watched him on his debut against Charlton on Saturday, and all I can say is Makele better watch out

top topics

join