It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Del Horno in, Gallas out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Asier del Horno's agent has revealed the Athletic Bilbao defender will definitely seal a £12m move to Chelsea.

Jokin Barcena also told Spanish sports newspaper Marca the 24-year-old would replace William Gallas, who he claimed was not in coach Jose Mourinho's plans.

He said: "Asier's transfer will be done without a shred of a doubt. Chelsea have told me that there's no danger that it will not be done."

source

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yep i heard that but why would Mourinho ditch Gallas, who is a versatile player?? I would suspect he is there for backup though next season

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i think Del Horno is going to come in, and be the first choice left back. I think Bridge is going to have a hard job getting that place. Though Bridge can maybe play in midfield on the left too which could tighten up the left hand side if they wanted to do that in a match.

with Gallas though, first thing is i really rate him. and with Dilly saying about him being versatile i reckon that too, the only thing is he aint got a left foot.

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Gallas has done great at Chelsea and i rate him aswell, how old is he now? Maybe Mourinhio is looking to the future and sees Del Horno as his replacement in a season or so.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i dont think Gallas is old, maybe in his mid 20 to be honest. i think Del horno came in as he wants a natural left back who has a left foot and Gallas aint.

i dont think its true about him going. maybe thats just the manager at del hornos club making something up, or got the wrong end of the stick

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
He's not going to stay he is isn't playing thats the point, he won't start at full-back either side or centre back so I think he will look for a move.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i remember, and its covered by sports
a thread about Gallas threating to leave cos he has been playing out of position. And well... with 2 possible left backs joining, Glen Johnson maturing that extra year its going to be harder for Gallas to get any position.

with him though, am sure there wont be a shortage of people bidding!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Paulo is the first choice right back, I can see Johnson leaving, too many mistakes.

I think Gallas will go to Barca.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
yer, good call about Gallas.

do you think west ham would be able to snap Johnson up on a loan deal?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
they culd try, but would he want to go to west ham?? It seems all players are linked with west ham at the moment lol on loan deals, but gleen johnson going from the best team in the league to potentially the worst, hmm cant see it

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Firstly they are nowhere near the worst...... Fulham, Pompey, West Brom, etc, etc.

He wouldn't have a choice if he was told he was going on loan, but I don't see West Ham coming in for him. More like Spurs if they included it as part of the compensation deal.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Firstly they are nowhere near the worst...... Fulham, Pompey, West Brom, etc, etc.

He wouldn't have a choice if he was told he was going on loan, but I don't see West Ham coming in for him. More like Spurs if they included it as part of the compensation deal.

Firstly i said potentially the worst not definately the worst. On paper they do look fairly weak in areas but generally the team who comes up from the playoffs is potentially the worst

Secondly johnson probably wouldnt want to go there as you said. Tottenham sounds not a bad shout or even somewhere like Birmingham

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't think Gallas will get a game now, he was only filling in as Bridge was injured and now Del Horno has signed it will only push him furthur down the pecking order.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A move to spain or italy becons? Or to a smaller club in england for Gallas?? Im not too sure hes going to want to stay in england

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Join up again with Melchiot at Birmingham?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Join up again with Melchiot at Birmingham?

I was actually thinking that, its possible but possibly gallas has more ambition then birmingham. But i would never rule the move out

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Definately a move to Spain, I can't see him staying in England.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hey, Mourinho is doing well keeping them happy.

Del Horno aint as good as i thought he was, and i think its fair to say there is more to come.

Gallas though, they done well to keep him, other than Terry i think hes the defender i think is best for Chelsea, plays anywhere on the back and seems to be good in any of them

top topics

join