It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mourinho eyes Del Horno

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Jose Mourinho says that Chelsea will look to bring in three players when the transfer window opens, and confirmed that the club are in talks with Asier Del Horno. After winning The Premiership and Carling Cup in his debut season in England, the Portuguese boss is not looking to rest on his laurels and admitted to be planning a reshape of his ideal squad size of 24 players.

LINK

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Related link

Hes came out and said, i want a left back, a midfielder and a striker. The left back is gonna be Del Horno. So that leaves us to guess who the other two will be.

Kaladze is saying its me, its me but, i aint sure they would sign him for midfield. Hes versatile so i wouldnt rule it out. And the stiker maybe being Benni?

out the door, i think the striker leaving is Forrsell, the midfielder being Parker but hmmm, possibly Huth perhaps?

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The player is saying he wants to go and it looks like they may get him. Pretty decent player imo...

I think a few more will go than just Parker and Forrsell..

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
yer, Mourinho likes two players for every position and Del Horno will prob get the starting place in front of Bridge. 2 good left backs though and i think it will make them better players competing for a plce in the team..

like you say though, i think more players will go out the door,

i think Smertin will leave, Forrsell, Parker

i notice mourinho says he wants a striker, do you think Crespo is going to come back? he proved he is good by scoring goals in Europe

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mourinho is saying that Smertin is part of his plans and is in his squad of 24 players that will feature during the season. Smertin has said that he wants to stay and fight for a place aswell, so i can't see him going as a move to Pompey was turned down the other day.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
maybe smertin is going to feature more often this season, looking at the centre of midfiled there is a few players.

Parker, Smertin, Makelel, Lampard, Tiago, Jarosik. and there is talk a midfielder is coming in to the team. i think the talk is Kaladze.

its just.. parker going out is a cert, and i think he would want to balance it up in midfield meaning another one goes and i cant see Mourinho getting rid of Tiago or Jarosik as they still have alot of offer. Thats why i thought Smertin would be a likely candiate but as you say, i wasnt aware he turned down Pompey but he must be looking to stay now. Cos that would have been his best chance possibly.

new topics

top topics

join