It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Del Horno to Chelsea?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Athletic Bilbao president Fernando Lamikiz has admitted that defender Asier del Horno could be on the verge of a move to Chelsea. The newly-crowned English champions spoke to Del Horno's agent, Jokin Barcena, in London on Tuesday, and could be set to snap up the 24-year-old Spain international on a four-year contract. Free-spending Chelsea are likely to offer a major increase in wages for Del Horno and Lamikiz accepts his club cannot compete with the financial clout of the London club

LINK

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
from what is being said he will be a pretty decent defender, do we know if he plays in the centre of the back 4?

cos with terry and carhavlno there, i cant see him getting ahead of those 2.

do you see truth in the deal?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
He is a left back, quite a good player. Madrid are keen but not at silly figures.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe they won't be getting Ashley Cole after all?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Chelski or Madrid?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yer, it looks like they aint getting cole, i guess with all the investigations etc they dont want to go anywhere near it

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Asier Del Horno's proposed moved to Chelsea has moved a step closer with the player saying that the money on offer is too good for him and Athletic Bilbao to turn down.

The 24-year-old left back is widely tipped to join Roman Abramovich's revolution at Stamford Bridge, with a deal worth €18 million on the cards.

With Del Horno also set to triple his current wage with the Premiership champions, he says that the money involved in the deal is too good for both himself and the club to turn down.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i think the way its looking it wil be chelsea, real have roberto carlos and with him there, i think he suits them and i think they need to look at other areas of the team

i think chelsea the money aint really a issue, i wonder about bridge though, will this mean hes going to sit on the bench all the time?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Carlos is going back to Brazil, he is no longer a top class left back.
Defence must be a massive priority for Madrid going forward.

Ashley Cole cannot go to Chelski anyway as they are banned from signing him because of the tapping up row so maybe Madrid will come forward.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
its nearly done

Skysports.com can confirm that Chelsea have all but sealed the signing of Asier Del Horno.

A Chelsea delegation are believed to have watched the 24-year-old play in action for Athletic Bilbao against Numancia on Sunday.

The Blues opened talks about Del Horno over the weekend and a deal is now in place.

link

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
he expected to sign in the next few days

Chelsea are expected to complete the signing of Asier Del Horno early next week.

The formalities of the deal have been concluded after Chelsea instructed Jorge Mendes - agent of boss Jose Mourinho - to broker the move.

The transfer, worth a basic €14 million for Athletic Bilbao, will be sealed once the two clubs' top men - Peter Kenyon and Fernando Lamikitz - have exchanged faxes.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Maybe clearing room for Gallas.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mourinho is supposed to not be entirelly happy with Del Horno, maybe thats why Gallas has played so many games at left back this season.

And i think the quote is along the lines of if he doesnt get his performances better there is no need for him. So it sounds like if he dont play better, his days are numbered.

top topics

join