It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Cudicini - i aint going nowhere!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
what will happen if he dont win his place back?

Chelsea number two Carlo Cudicini is not in talks with Arsenal or Manchester United.

The Blues shot-stopper has been forced to sit on the bench for the whole of the season with Petr Cech in brilliant form in front of him.

Cudicini himself was regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in The Premiership before Cech's arrival last summer.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 5/9/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Shay Given looks set to leave Newcastle, especially if they sign Paddy Kenny and I can see hom going to Arsenal. If Man U don't sign Paul Robinson then I think they would table a bid for Cudicini, to be honest he is saying the right things but if the chance came I think he would take it,

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
yer. i think cech is the best keeper in england. and cudicni, he aint that far behind.

i wonder if any italian teams would be intrested?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Jose Mourinho has revealed that Chelsea will offer Carlo Cudicini a new deal in order to keep him at Stamford Bridge.

Cudicini is believed by many to be one of the top goalkeepers in English football, but the presence of Goalkeeper of the Year Petr Cech has relegated him to a bit-part role in Chelsea's triumphant season.

Inevitably, Cudicini will attract interest in the summer, but Mourinho is hopeful that a major new deal will convince the Italian to stay.

link

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The diallema for Cudichini is that if he stays, he has to almost certainatly wait for Cech to be injured for a prolongued period before getting a chance.
For his career, which he is like 31 now he should move to a different club

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i think hes prob happy to sit taking 30 odd grand a week, he aint going to get into the national team for Italy as Buffon is simply tooo good.

i dont see him getting much games, but maybe hes thinking, if i can work hard and do well am going to put him out the team (cech) if hes thinking that you got to hand it to him and say hes pretty determined

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
He isn't the type of man to sit around and be happy taking the wages if he is not part of the team.

As for Italy he could have played for England because he has been here so long! Buffon, Toldo too many good keepers in the way. I'm suprised he never got capped though.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yer, what you said Teflon, makes me think he must honestly think he can get ahead of cech in the team and lets be honest, cudicini is a good keeper, any1 else in the premiership and you would say cudicini is better possily, but cech, the guy is class but i think its good for chelsea to have two top keepers battling it out

about him not being capped, before he came to england werent he a bit of a unknown? i cant remmeber who he played for but it werent a juve or milan, i think it was a lower team

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
He was at AC Millan and Lazio, Chelski signed him from Castel di Sandro.

new topics

top topics

join