It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mourinho to stay for 10 years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is planning to keep Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge for the next ten years.

Mourinho recently signed a new five-year contract - worth a purported £5 million per year - following a fantastic first season in English football.

There had been suggestions that the outspoken former Porto boss was considering his future in West London after what he perceived as a lack of support from the club over his two-match touchline ban from Uefa.

link

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thats a long time, but if he continues to get great success, i can't see why not. he has a squad brimming with talent, an open cheque book. What manager wouldn't want that?

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can see it happening, he is proving to be a great manager. One problem is that it could get oh so easy for him with Romans billions and he might want a harder challenge. So he might not be around for that long.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
hehe.. i cant see it to be honest.

i aint sure if roman will be around for that length of time, he will get bored of it one day.

with mourinho, ten years at one club, especially for forgieng manager is not comman, apart from wenger whos been at arsenal for ages

i think one day mourhino, still young for a manager will move to Real hehe

TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Roman get bored? Can't see that happening, he has to get rid of his money some how. He is young himself and may even outstay the manager lol!

To be honest i don't like the direction football is going in. Its all about the money, who has and who can pay the most. It could actually ruin the game as they will stay one step ahead of every other team and can buy any player. I can see this super league happening in the future because of this. The main reason is that Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United will be so far ahead of the rest of the league no one else will stand a chance. If they go the league will suddenly become more competitive again.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yer. he is a younger guy thanyourself lol. i dunno, can you really see him keeping a intrest for that long.

he has a few clubs now, chelsea are his fav one though i reckon. how much teams will he buy. i dunno, its more of a hobby to him.

yip. it is becming about money, more and more every season. hey. you mentioned man utd in that list, lets hope they can keep up for that to happen lol

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They just need one more win to clinch the title. Not bad in your first year... I know he is fortunate with the money and such like but you still have to get the winning, playing together ect ect. Sometimes its a bit harder as things could go stale, with so many stars it must be hard to keep the all happy, motivated and hungry. Maybe thats where Arsenal went wrong this season, so it will reamin to be seen if Chelsea can keep it up. The i will turn round and say he is a great manager if he manages to do that.

new topics

top topics

join