It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea injecting players with blood? Or are they?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In a shock revelation Chelsea are controversially injecting players with cleansed blood, the News of the World reveals. At the Premier league tribunal for the Mutu case, a former Stamford Bridge doctor revealed that they are injecting blood directly into players injury's to speed up recovery.

I'm all for injecting new blood into the side but this seems wrong.

To me this seems dangerous and if i was a player i would refuse to undergo such treatment. Who knows what they are injecting them with. It seems that both Robben and Huth have undergone such treatment, one doesn't make the team and the other (Robben) is injured again. I thought it was wierd that Robben made a quick recovery from his previous injury, when they said he was going to be out for the whole season at least.

According to the paper it states that it doesn't breach any Premier League guidelines or strict Olympic drug regulations. Now why would it say drug regulations?... It's being termed as a 'growth factor' treatment, now to get growth it would have to be some form of drug wouldn't it? They are also saying that the process involves removing blood from an injured area, extracting impurities, infection and then injecting it back into the damaged tissue.

It seems that its not the first time as Mourinho is said to have used this method when he was at Porto. And according to a doctor its still in the infant stages of research, so why would anyone think that purified blood is a healer when the experts don't even know themselfs. It seems strange that Mourinho has stated that players would be fit from injury on specific dates, and they was. Much quicker that normal and other players have been in the past.

Have Chelsea been caught doing something untoward? Is there more to this than meets the eye? Are they usuing some sort of designer drug to help in getting their players fit well ahead of time and trying to cover it up?

TRD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

UK Sport believe the process of 'blood spinning' being promoted by Chelsea doctor Bryan English raises many questions which could lead to it being declared an illegal procedure. The World Anti-Doping Agency are currently looking into the technique.

What is banned is 'blood doping' where the red blood cells are segregated, stored and then infused back into an athlete immediately prior to an event to boost oxygen levels.

LINK

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That doesn't seem right if it isn't fully tested and known for sure that it works. Teams shouldn't be dabbling in these things and should stick to what they know.

new topics

join