It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea confident over Mutu case

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Chelsea remain confident of winning their damages claim against former striker Adrian Mutu after a Premier League hearing on Thursday. They are seeking to recover 8m of the 16m they paid Parma for the Romanian, who was sacked last October after testing positive for coc aine.

Chelsea say the striker, now with Juventus, broke his contract by persistent misconduct. Another meeting takes place next Tuesday, when a decision is expected. The 26-year-old striker is currently serving a worldwide ban which expires in May.

LINK

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
they are seeking to get 8 million? what they on, they had him playing for a whole season and its took them this long to say anything. do they want parma to pay it? from what i have heard, parma are skint

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It looks like they have been cleared to seek compensation for Mutu.

When they sacked him he moved to Juventus but he can't play until next season. They are seeking to recoup some of the 16million they paid for him, which was a hell of alot of money. I guess they are well within there rights as Mutu breached his contract with the drug taking and they had no choice but to rip it up. Wether they actually get anything is a different matter but with full backing from the prem league they just might.

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
They should try to get some money back. I can't see why not, they paid alot of money for him and he breached his contract. Juve are having a laugh if they think they can get him for free. I wonder if they have to pay quite a bit if they will still want him lol!

new topics

top topics

join