It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea eye young African

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says that he may have uncovered a potential star of the future, but it could spark a row with his Norwegian club side. Mourinho has said that he has found a young Nigerian who could turn out to be a great performer one day. The Portuguese boss says that he is looking forward to seeing how the player develops but thinks they have struck gold.

"Our scouting department has found a lad of 17 who is training with me, seems like a mature man and a player with a lot of experience," said Mourinho.

"He's Nigerian, plays in Norway and next season he will work with me and play in the reserve league.

"If he grows the way I predict, we've found gold."

However, with the player still being attached to a club in Norway, Chelsea could find themselves in a battle for his signature. Norwegian side Lyn claim that Mourinho is talking about their midfielder John Obi Mikel, and they say they have had no contact from Stamford Bridge officials.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
its good to see hes looking at youth other than just buying players costing large sums of money each time.

mourhino defintly rates the player in question, and it sounds like a deal has been done already. maybe the norway team are just keeping queit about it.

new topics

join