It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mourinho dont want beckham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i heard on sky sports news when asked about beckhame being linked to chelsea. mourinho said, i want to build a team, i dont want a hollywood wanna be lol

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
haha. here is the interview

Jose Mourinho has taken a veiled swipe at David Beckham and his Real Madrid team-mates by claiming he would never look to sign a 'Galactico' player.

After reports linking the West Londoners with a summer swoop for Beckham, the Blues chief dismissed the notion that he would look to bring in a big name star and insisted he would do everything to protect the team ethic he has installed at Stamford Bridge.

"All you need is a strong group of players - you don't need a Hollywood star," the Portuguese coach stated.

link

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not surprised to be honest, he has turned into a circus with him the clown. One good thing i suppose is that he has found a bit of form at Real.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I'm not surprised to be honest, he has turned into a circus with him the clown. One good thing i suppose is that he has found a bit of form at Real.

LOL wait till posh reads that!

i think one of the things which made this story was chelsea chaning the shirt sponsor, i think nike got it? and when you do that, you want a big name to advertise it for them, maybe thats how it came about?

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good job Posh never read his text messages!

I think they are still negotiating with Nike or did they do the deal already? Yeah Beckham is a big name for advertising i guess, but Chelsea have some big stars now and if they win a few trophys they will be even bigger...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yip. i agree lol.

with the talk of mourinho saying he dont want galaticos and so on, is that maybe why veron and crespo didnt get much of a chance, maybe thats how he views them?

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hrmm i'm not surprised, Beckham may be good for publicity but his football has gone down the toilet.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
again, mourhino says i want a great player. but its not beckham

se Mourinho insists he will not be bringing David Beckham to Chelsea in the summer.

The Portuguese coach has also revealed his great admiration for Fulham manager Chris Coleman and stressed he is willing to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.

Although Mourinho is chasing a 'great player', he told A Bola that Real Madrid midfielder Beckham will not be coming to West London.

link

Sir

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't think they need him, i wonder who there main target is?

new topics

top topics

join