It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Jose Mourinho gives it to the Gunners

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has aimed a title warning at Arsenal, saying he believes they will slip up against the biggest Premiership sides.

The Portuguese coach has pointed at upcoming trips to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and Anfield as tests that may stump Arsene Wenger's men.

Former Porto boss Mourinho says that his Chelsea side will be determined not to drop points in the next few weeks as they will take advantage of any Gunners slip.

"In two matches from now Arsenal go to Manchester United," said Mourinho. "Then they are at home before going to Tottenham and after another game they go to Liverpool.

"So we know that in the next month or two they have to play some very difficult games.

"Now I accept they might win every one of them but I also feel these are the sort of games when the chances of them losing and dropping points is greatest.

"It's therefore vital that here at Chelsea we don't drop points in the meantime. We need to be in touch so we can take advantage of any mistakes Arsenal may make."

Sky Sports

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
yip, he is right, they are difficult games, the man utd game will be massive, although, i think arsenal can nick a point possibly. i dont know who they play after that at home but then spurs, a derby match and i think arsenal have a good record against them. at the very least i think they will snatch a point. then after another match they got liverpool. and they have a good record against them.

hard matches but, arsenal unbeaten last season, i cant see them losing 3 matches in such close space. maybe a few draws in that period.

in that period though, chelsea are likely to drop a point too though and man utd may be held to a draw

new topics

join