It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Mutu raring to go

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Adrian Mutu is ready to press his claims for a place in the Chelsea team after recovering from a niggling injury complaint.

The Romanian striker endured a summer of uncertainty after Juventus attempted to negotiate a deal to secure his services.

Once that switch collapsed, Mutu vowed to stay at Stamford Bridge but he has been struggling with a minor injury.

He was on the substitutes' bench for the opening game of the season, but failed to feature as Chelsea won 1-0 against title rivals Manchester United.

The skilful forward feels he is now back at peak fitness and is keen to be given a chance in the team by new coach Jose Mourinho, who has impressed Mutu.

link

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i remember seeing him on the italian football, think it was euro sport at the time and he looked great. first season in the preimership looked great at the start then faded.

still, i think hes got something and theres something to prove for him, only thing is, i think his appearences will be limited with drogba and kezman

if he is crap up until christmas i think he will be punted

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Punted?

Well i have seen the highlights for the first two Chelsea games and the one who should be punted is Drogba. He has been terrible, and to think they paid all that money for him. Don't get me wrong he may well get much better as he settles down to Premiership life. But i remember someone saying to me that he is just a bull in a china shop, lacks real skill. He may have been productive in the league he was in before but the Premier league is one of the toughest leagues out there, the defenders will give him hell.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
punted is like getting rid of

am sure drogba will turn good, he was good for marsielle, and i think they played a few premiership teams in the uefa cup run they had.

still big money, i think in time he will be better

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
mutu staying for sure after new deal falls through

Fiorentina's bid to sign Chelsea's Romanian forward Adrian Mutu has failed to develop.

Chelsea failed to contact Fiorentina over the proposed transfer and the deal is now dead with both the Italian and English transfer window's now closed.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He may be staying but i can't see him getting many games. Before he went to Chelsea i hadn't really seen much of him. He showed glimpses that he was a decent player when he first went ther but since he has been pretty crap. I guess the new manager needs to give him a run in the side to see what he can do but will they take a chance like that with so much at stake?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
yip, gudjohnesen and drogba and kezman look faviourites in his side, damien duff too, i dont think he will get many chances,

still hes getting the results and i think like you said, can they risk giving him games with the high stakes

maybe in a cup match or something give him a run out

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
To be honest i was a bit shocked they let Hasslebaink go. I think he is a great striker and he is doing the buisiness at Middlesborough.

I would have thought they would have got shot of Mutu instead of him.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think hasselbaink is more of a selfish player where as mutu is a team player, i think kezman is in hasselbainks former role at chelsea

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Kezman is good i like him. But Hasslebaink does score alot of goals. I thought he was a big favourite at Chelsea.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yip i think he was too,

has there been any news on zola coming back in some capacity?

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I thought Zola had retired, he went and played for some team abroad and i think he was offered or took a managerial position aswell as a player.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
mutu is determined to be a success

Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has said that he is determined to let his football do the talking and live up to expectations.

The Romanian has had to deal with a divorce from his actress wife and began living a playboy lifestyle but has insisted that he is turning over a new leaf

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Will he get into the side though?

I guess under the new manager he should be given a chance.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
am sure i seen on the team info today he did come on for the last 20 minutes. i think it was drogba and kezman up front. and mutu and gudjohneson both came on. maybe with what he has said he admits he didnt do his best, maybe he didnt adapt well? i think he has a big job though to break into the team and maintain a starting spot

i think now with chelsea though, they paid big money for him but they will get rid of him out on loan probably if he doesnt do it this time round. think how much veron and crespo must have been on, and they ship them out without worrying about the finicial side. am sure they wouldnt worry about shipping him out too

TRD

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah i agree but didn't Abramovich bring him to Chelsea?

Will he admit that he shouldn't have sign his fellow countryman. The Tinkerman (Ranieri) never signed him as i don't think he had even heard of him before he went to Chelsea.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
yer possbile, although, i feel Roman might have bought a few other of those players that Ranieri didnt really want. just bought them to make a mark of such

new topics

top topics

join