It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Chelsea's massive spending will see them become "a major force" in both the Premiership and the Champions League this season.

While many in the game remain to be convinced about Chelsea's ability to challenge for honours despite spending �111million on new players, Wenger is not among that number.

Wenger, speaking after a UEFA elite coaches forum in Nyon, Switzerland, said: "I believe Chelsea are a force. People tend to say 'no, no, no, no' but I say they finished fourth in the league and have spent more than �100million.

TRD

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
France and Chelsea captain Marcel Desailly believes team-mate Claude Makelele was right to leave Real Madrid for Stamford Bridge after the Spanish giants refused to give him a pay rise.

Makelele, 30, joined Claudio Ranieri's side for �16.6 million last week after a month-long dispute with Real who rejected his request for a salary increase.

Desailly said: "It is marvellous to have Makelele at Chelsea. But he was right to ask for a salary raise (at Madrid). Football is a business and there is no reason why a player would not be entitled to a wage increase. When an employee wants one he goes to see his boss, that is the same with football. Claude was right."

Sir

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What a great win for chelsea on sunday they beat man United 1-0 albiet a penalty but still the win.
It puts them top of the premier league by 1 point.Look out Man U and Arsenal chelsea is their to challenge for the title.

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Chelsea are in hot pursuit of Juventus' Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved according to the player's agent.

Zdenek Nehoda told The Sun that the wealthy west Londoners are tracking Nedved after advice from England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The newspaper reports that the club are prepared to pay �25m for the player.

Well who are they not going to buy,i mean he is a good player but get real �25 million for a 31 yr old...

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Claudio Ranieri fears his players are trying too hard to make an impression - and that it could prevent Chelsea from mounting a serious challenge this season.

The Blues were a goal up and in control against Bolton on Saturday, but once the visitors equalised Ranieri's men lost their cool - and ended up losing their unbeaten home record in the Premiership this season.

Ranieri felt the result just went to prove what he has been saying all along - that Chelsea are not yet on the same level and United and Arsenal.

TRD

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Roma have denied reports in the English press which suggest they have received an offer from big-spending Chelsea for captain Francesco Totti.

The London club were reported to have already lodged a �22million bid for the Italian international playmaker...

Sir

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
A couple of bad results lately for Chelsea,the game against bolton which they lost i thought bolton played real well and deserved to win tough game again today Fulham away but i think chelsea will get back to winning ways..

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like they drew again today.

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I watched the highlights it was a hard game and Chelsea did well to win 1-0.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Chelsea ended a miserable week with a confidence-boosting 4-0 victory at struggling Leicester.

Two goals credited to recalled striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink secured a vital win for the Blues' under-pressure boss Claudio Ranieri.

A midweek home defeat by Liverpool and a dismal draw with Nationwide One Watford in the FA Cup following a Carling Cup exit put the brakes on Chelsea's season in the last fortnight.

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bayer Leverkusen general manager Ilja Kaenzig has emphatically rejected any hopes Chelsea may have had of signing Brazilian World Cup star Lucio during the winter transfer window.
Claudio Ranieri is known to be an admirer of the South American centre back, with German sources indicating that a massive �20 million bid has been planned by the wealthy West Londoners.

However, Kaenzig has insisted his prize asset is going nowhere, for the moment.

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Looks like Chelsea got another bid knocked back by Charlton for Scott Parker.

Shows money can't buy everything.

Sir

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well it looks like Chelsea are to make a third bid for Charlton midfielder Scott Parker and are really determined to get therie man.

Wonder where this leaves the likes of Joe Cole and that.Cole made a huge mistake going to Chelski LOL!

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Chelsea have loaned out a trio of their young players, with the most notable being Sebastien Kneissl's departure to Dundee for the rest of the season.
The big-spending Blues have sent Kneissl, Joe Keenan and Kevin McKinlay out on loan for the remainder of the campaign to accrue first-team experience.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bayer Leverkusen defender Lucio has fuelled speculation that he could be set for a move to Premiership outfit Chelsea.

Hrmm not sure about that they still seem to be linked with everyone who makes a slight noise about leaving their club.

This i can believe.

Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri admits he could be sacked even if his club win a major trophy this season.The Blues boss believes he is being realistic in taking nothing for granted.

Asked if there is a chance of him losing his job whether or not he helps to bring some silverware to Stamford Bridge, the Italian conceded: "It is possible, because it is all a show - and I am part of it."I've had four years here but I'm not scared about going because I come from a country where managers can easily change three or four times a season

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well looks like he finally has gone as Ken Bates has stepped down as Chelsea chairman after being sidelined following Roman Abramovich's £140m takeover of the club.The outspoken 72-year-old announced an end to his 22 years at the club in a speech to staff and supporters.

Sir

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
About time he stepped down and left..

Times are changing at Chelsea and IF they get a new manager they will be serious contenders next season.

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
About time he stepped down and left..

Times are changing at Chelsea and IF they get a new manager they will be serious contenders next season.

Well when you look at the big picture they were struggling when he bought the club for £1 (in 1982), he built the stadium and the Chelsea Village so you have to hold your hands up to Ken Bates,he brought the club forward.

It looks like he is not wasting time as Ken Bates will make a formal approach to join Sheffield Wednesday's board of directors within the next fortnight,he could join them with the 17 million he got from the sale of his shares at Chelsea,not bad for 1 pound.....

TRD

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Emmanuel Petit admits his Chelsea career looks set to come to an end this summer, but is still hoping to move to another London club.Petit interested Tottenham last summer, but the move failed to come off and the Frenchman was left to fight for his place at Stamford Bridge.

A persistent knee injury has since restricted him to just seven games this season, while Chelsea have accumulated a vast array of central midfield rivals.Petit, 33, who signed for Chelsea for £7.5million just under three years ago, accepts the writing is on the wall when his contract runs out this summer.

TRD

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
More unrest as Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink plans to leave Chelsea and seek regular first-team football this summer unless Claudio Ranieri can offer the guarantee of a regular place in his starting line-up.The Dutch striker has become increasingly disillusioned by the rotation policy operated by Ranieri.He is no longer assured of a starting place, due to strong competition for places from the likes of Eidur Gudjohnsen, Hernan Crespo and Adrian Mutu.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join