It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Bates says Terry will get new contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ken Bates has reassured John Terry that Chelsea will offer him a new contract when he returns from England duty in South Africa.

The Blues skipper claimed earlier this week that he was unsure of his future at Stamford Bridge, but chairman Bates has attempted to lay his fears to rest.

Bates told the Daily Express: "John Terry is a wonderful talent but he doesn't know what he is talking about.

"How can I talk about a new contract when he's in South Africa and I'm on my cruise?

"When we all get back, there will be a new contract awaiting him. I arranged to personally see John Terry in January about this issue and he rang to leave a message that he couldn't make the meeting.

"I've yet to have an explanation from him as to why he couldn't make the meeting or an apology for his absence and I'm still waiting for him to call me. It's not my job to chase after him."

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is one person Chelsea should hang on too he is a great talent and a defender who does get a few goals...Their would be so much interest in him if he was to go,hate to say where he would end up i havnt a clue...

join