It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlton Athletic: Euell to quit addicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
jason euell feels he need to leave the club as its not helping his career in his view as hes not getting the games

Euell still has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal but is fearful that he is being frozen out at The Addicks.

''Jason's looking at his long-term future and he doesn't think he has one here at the moment,'' confirmed Euell's agent, Tony Finnigan.

Curbishley broke the club's transfer record to land Euell in July 2001, when he paid Wimbledon �4.7 million to secure his services.

link

[Edited on 12/11/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
well the managers is saying he dont want the player to leave

"Jason extended his contract in the summer," said Curbishley.

"It's easy for players that are not playing to think about moving away, but as far as I'm concerned when we go into a season, the squad I have is there for the year.

"He isn't happy obviously because he wants to play, especially when we play with three central midfielders - he would really relish that - but he'll have to wait for his chance.

"Jason has been our top goalscorer in the last three seasons and if he's not in the side then he has to work to get back into it - but he can't take the easy route.

"At the moment he's a Charlton player and that's how I want it."

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a bid for the player was rejected

Charlton Athletic manager Alan Curbishley has confirmed he rejected a £2.5 million bid from Crystal Palace for Jason Euell.

The Addicks boss is loathe to lose the Jamaica international, particularly as he admits he may be reverting his formation back to 4-4-2 soon.

Euell's versatility has been unable to aid his cause for a regular start at The Valley and Francis Jeffers is another big name upset at being left on the sidelines.

sky sports link

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That was a good offer for him and if Euell wanted to go i would have been a bit pissed they turned it down.

Charlton are having an average season, havn't exactly set the world alight but they are doing ok. Has the time come for Curbishly to move on? He has been there a long time and maybe things have started to go a bit stale for him. If that England job comes up for grabs in the next year or two he would be my choice to take it. He has done wonders with Charlton on a limited budget and imagin what he could do with teh cream of England.

top topics

join