It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Pardew or Alladice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Out of these two, who would u rather have in charge of the England squad?

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Neither to be honest...

Pardew lacks experience and has a long way to go, but i can see him packing it in after he leaves West Ham. We have hardly had any managers since our first one in 1902 who was Syd King.. I think the total is now 10 managers including Pardew in just over 100 years... Although Pardew has done well since he has been at the club it will remain to be seen if he can keep West Hams great run going and there will be people waiting for him to fail, but i have faith in him but not as an England manager just yet.

Big Sam would be the obvious choice out of the two, but i don't even think he will be good enough. As i said before, do you want to see Kevin Davies in an England shirt?

So in anser to your question it would have to be Big Sam for what he has achieved for quite a few seasons with Bolton...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would say Big Sam, the only reason is his experience. As a club manager he reminds me of Redknapp, finding these players no-one else wants. So i would like to see him move to another club and see how well he does. In the long term maybe Pardew will turn out to be a much better manager.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think i would have big Sam in charge if i wanted England to do well

Big Sam has been knocking about for a while now and has done wonders with his team, he rescue's players careers and gets the best out of them. The other thing with him i think is...... if Beckham, Gerrard etc were playing crap i think hes got it in him to dump them and give another player a chance

I aint sure on Pardew, i think any decent manager would have got West Ham up and although Pardew is doing really well, give it a couple of seasons and see how hes doing. Look at Wigan with Paul Jewell hes got to a final and doing really well in the League. But i dont think either of these managers are used to the big stage. Going from a league manager to manager of England is a big step and i think coping with that Sam is the man

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What you say is true but you cant take his mentality into the England set-up. He does find those players who no one wants but they are not good enough for England.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
aint alot of Sams players though international guys? in that sense i think if he did end up england manager he would be good at giving players 45 for the friendly games etc... there is always complinats abuot players playing international friendlies

England have a good midfield, too good to not be in a game

new topics

top topics

join