It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Ability Neutralized!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Btw,

Please dont try to educate me on AD matters..

As i did my military service in AD coprs..

I know the facts and effects of jamming.
(Had plenty of training on these matters and jamming played big part on our 'war games'..)

I won't try to educate you anymore 'cause I guess you learned everything there is to know about this field in you 2 years of obligatory service. If you think you're an expert in this area, you've really got some problems. I am by no means an expert, but in the current arena, I have more experience and knowledge than most.

As far as jamming goes, I can tell you I have jammed, been jammed and countered jamming in the training and operation arenas. You may have had "training", but I have experience - big difference.

BTW, I was in the service as an Electronic Warfare Technician for 7 years. I am also an electrical engineer (almost) and most likely will go to work in the near future for a large defense contractor.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It wasnt my intention to be rude..
(Now it is you that is beign rude..)

It was just that you think that i am somekind of idiot that doesnt know shyte about what is he talking about..

I just pointed out that i know plenty.. (and that i am not beginer in these matters..)

But as it seems you certainly know about electronics more than i.. that ill 'give you'.

In AD my mission is to be the fire controller/target indicator for AAA platoon (I am NCO..). (communications and target tracking..) and also i know how to operate and use 12,7 NSV AAMG, ZU-23-2 AA Cannon and Strela and Igla-M MANPADS.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
FULCRUM,

Didn't mean to be rude, but felt I had to be blunt to get your attention so as to facilitate some worth while discourse.

I never indicated that the HARM was a "wonder weapon" and it is in fact used more for disruptive purposes versus destructive as you stated. This is probably how the scenario would run: the search radars would be jammed by an EA-6B, providing cover for the attacking aircraft. While the radar operators are trying to counter the jamming, HARMs would be launched. Concering the Iraqi's, after this happened a few times, they probably shut down and moved out 'cause they knew what was coming. Whether the HARM hit or not, it achieved it's goal of taking down the AA site.

As to the jamming of a frequency agile radar, it is most often accomplished by sweep jamming (jamming over a range of frequencies). I don't recall how much of a range frequency agile radars "jump" but relatively speaking it's not very much because a large jump (+/- 1GHz) would probably be unfeasable.

By not having a huge jump in frequency, the jammer can focus on a certain, relatively narrow bandwidth. The wider the freq. range, the lower the power delivered by the jammer, improving chances for burn-through by the jammed radar.

I think there are other repeater and transponder techniques, but can't remember them offhand.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

We had spies who were capable of penetrating Saddam's inner circle and finding out where he was. We knew about this advance years in advance. We have countermeasures.

Hmm
so tell me
why havent we caught him yet

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Compared to russia, the US has an open military. Compared to china, russia has an open society. You say they've been out for 3 years. I say BS, they've been out for much longer, they've been made public in the last 3 years. The F-22 is our latest stealth fighter? I say BS, we have 2 maybe even 3 more generations more advanced then that. If, for some reason, we went into russia or china, and they had those radars on their borders, and we attacked only with F-22s, what would happen?

They'd know we were there, and they'd waste a lot of cash on missles missing planes which looked like they may be there, while bejing was celebratin the detection in flames.

~Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe the F-22 is an ATA fighter. The X-35 is to support the f-22 in future combat scenarios to take care of ground while the raptor takes care of air

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha

We had spies who were capable of penetrating Saddam's inner circle and finding out where he was. We knew about this advance years in advance. We have countermeasures.

Hmm
so tell me
why havent we caught him yet

~How do we know we haven't caught him yet? What if he's in captivity and still being interrogated? What if the U.S or Britain or whoever don't want to go public with it yet?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Cause we just caught him.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This whole debate is nonsense anyways. IF in real combat this unit was discovered operating it would be taken out by a volley of cluster bombs. The missile defense system is not capable of destroying an incoming swarm of HE cluster bomblets.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
QUOTE:
Yeah, we know about things twenty years after they've become obsolete...

military secrets are NOT to be made public for the general public..else it would not be military SECRETS !

get the picture ?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wonder how these will do when a HARM missile goes down it's throat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join