It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Bolton to finish careers at reebok

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Two of Bolton's foreign stalwarts Ivan Campo and Bruno N'Gotty have stated they want to end their careers with the club.

Spaniard Campo has become a cult hero at The Reebok Stadium since he joined from Real Madrid in 2002, firstly on loan and then permanently 12 months later.

Campo arrived as a defender but has become a pivotal figure as the anchor of Bolton's midfield.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
after both of them looked a bit cagey at the start, they have both went on to be valuable members of the team

i aint sure on there ages but perhaps they are just in early 30's?

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Both have turned out really good for Bolton and its good to see some loyalty for a change...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
they got a good few years out of djorkeaf, and who would have beleaved that happening. almost finished his career there, even though it looked like that was odds on.

these two players must find it just as good at the club, it must be very well run to keep players like that happy

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Campo was one of the best signings they made. I wonder why Real let him go? If he never got in the first team, he would have been great cover.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i think maybe in spain, he was too slow? hierro was slow too though lol.

every team over there has fast strikers, just maybe not enought of a superstar for them

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That might be a reason why they let him go and he is not the quickest. Did a good career move in joining Bolton though. No wonder he wants to finish his career there as the older he gets no one outside of the UK will take him as he will be getting slower and slower.

new topics

top topics

join