It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Hierro poised for Rangers

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bolton Wanderers veteran Fernando Hierro is reportedly poised to join Rangers until the end of the season. Hierro has struggled to establish himself in The Premiership since moving to The Reebok Stadium from the Middle East last summer.

The Real Madrid legend signed a one-year contract with The Trotters but, of his 16 league appearances, 12 have been as a substitute. Last week, Hierro was one of seven players told by Sam Allardyce that he can leave the club as the Bolton boss looks to raise funds for his own recruitment plans.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i hadnt heard this story, the must have lost out on henchoz and the greek guy they where looking at.

maybe he thinks it will be a easy way to finish his career, if him and andrews line up at the back, theres not alot of pace.

have to see what happens, hes a good player but is he passed it?

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Passed it for sure!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i havent seen him play for about 2 years when he left real
he aint commanding a game at bolton. still. am sure he got a lot of infulence when playing

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I see him play and he was like a carthorse, saying that i think he was slower than a carthorse...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
wasnt the same said with campo at the start though at bolton, he aint a fast player but has turned out to be half decent in the bolton team?

Sir

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How old is he? 35? Definatly past his sell-by-date. Big Sam wouldn't have let him go if he could still cut the mustard!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
well. i think with boumsong leaving there is a big gap in the centre for them, they got a guy called marvin andrews, big strong guy but he aint got a footballing brain.

with buffel signing, and maybe the other guy, ferguson, it dont leave much for money in transfers remaining, so they are looking around for frees

though, they are supposed to be signing a greek guy for 2 million dont know if its correct. maybe they want 2 defeneders?

new topics

top topics

join