It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Nolan has surgery

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Bolton midfielder Kevin Nolan is hoping to return to action within a month after having ankle surgery this week. The 22-year-old, who has been hampered by the problem since last season, said: "It's an easy operation. I will be all right after a couple of weeks.

link

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
he was fantastic in his first season and is still doing well. so a speedy recovery will be good and its good to hear he aint out for long as he is defintly a player for the future

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah he does look like a decent player. Anyone know where they got him from?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
not 100% sure on this, but i think he is from there youth accademy?

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh he could well be, most prob why i couldn't think of a team he was from lol!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i got a feeling hehe....though i am prety sure he is a youth product, that he may have some connectino to man utd?

maybe som1 could confirm it

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The first Academy student to make the step into the first team squad, Nolan made his debut at just 17 in the 1999/2000 season.

He established himself in the first team in Bolton's 2000/2001 campaign in the Nationwide League First Division and made an impression with some precocious displays. He got in the goalscorers list on his England U18s debut in November 2000 against Belgium. Throughout the season, he played 25 times for Wanderers and scored his first league goal against Crewe Alexandra in December 2000 as well as a double strike in the FA Cup against S#horpe United.

Instead of being just a prospect as he had been tipped to be, Nolan was a major part of Bolton's successful bid to avoid relegation in 2001/02. He made 39 appearances, scoring 8 goals, including two in Wanderers' opening day drubbing of Leicester, and a late equaliser at Anfield, which meant so much to former Liverpool fan Nolan, who had been rejected by the Reds earlier in his career.

link

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hehe, thanks TRD,

i think another young player they have is nicky hunt and he is tipped to do well..

thnak for the link too, never seen it before but it looks good for football related news

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah i had to search through some links. I have many folders for each sport with hundreds and hundreds of links in each lol!

new topics

top topics

join