It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Bolton get Diouf on loan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sam Allardyce believes Bolton represents the perfect club for Liverpool misfit El Hadji Diouf to resurrect his career.

The 10million Senegal international striker was described by former manager Gerard Houllier as his most expensive mistake during his reign, and new boss Rafael Benitez has since made it clear to Diouf he does not have a future at Anfield.

Diouf was excluded from Liverpool's recent tour to north America in order to try to find himself a new club, but most significantly was not given a squad number ahead of the new Barclays Premiership campaign.

Real Sociedad were understood to be interested in the 23-year-old, but Allardyce needs pace up front and a transfer to Bolton would give Diouf the opportunity to continue playing in the Premiership.
link

[Edited on 15/8/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Liverpool have confirmed El Hadji Diouf has joined Bolton Wanderers on a season-long loan.

Diouf has been surplus to requirements at Anfield since Rafa Benitez was appointed manager and was not given a squad number for this season.

He had attracted the interest of fellow Premiership side Portsmouth and Spanish outfit Malaga.

But the 23-year-old livewire has opted to remain in the North West by agreeing to join an ambitious Bolton side.

The Senegal international will use his spell at The Reebok Stadium to either clinch a permanent move to The Trotters or a deal elsewhere.

link

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If big sam gets the best out him i think this could be a good move, am hoping diouf and jay jay link up well, could be some nice football with them two

rynaldo

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well the way they beat Charlton the other day things look good for Bolton. Big Sam always seems to get the best out of his players so i guess we will find out how good Diouf really is.

TRD

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It looks like they won't keep him unless Liverpool let him out on loan again to Bolton. As Liverpool are asking for 5 million for him to try and recoup some of the 10 million they paid Lens for him..

Thing is he has scored 6 goals and has put in a few good performances.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
yer, its not the best goal scoring record to convince bolton to sign him up..

5 million is too much money i reckon for bolton, wonder if installements could be done for it too happen?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think he is doing ok at Bolton, much better than when he was at Liverpool. But 5 million is way too much to ask for a player you don't want and are looking to get shot of.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
werent liverpool linked with campo ages ago, could a deal perhaps be made, here you go bolton, you can have diouf and we will give you campo?

i think its safe to say his days at liverpool are done

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Bolton have been warned they face competition for El Hadji Diouf.

Diouf has impressed on loan at Bolton from Liverpool and The Trotters are keen to make his stay permanent in the summer.

However, Bolton have expressed their worry that they may not be able to afford Diouf on a permanent basis with Liverpool believed to be looking for in the region of £4 million for the Senegal star.

link

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Still too much for a player who never cut the grade at Liverpool. Thats why they shipped him out on loan, just because he is doing well they don't have to take the piss. If he wasn't playing so well, what would they ask for then? They would most prob get shot for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
are bolton still on the lookout for securing his services fulltime? at 4 million i cant see bolton being able to manage that.

i wonder what big sam is thinking after the latest spitting episode whne he spat at a kid i think? any news on that?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think he will be a great signing for Bolton if they can get him full time. He is obviously a pr&t but what a player.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i think it safe to say, they are going to be in Europe right? in that case they will want Diouf to stay as he is that touch of class.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

El Hadji Diouf's agent has revealed the player is keen to turn his loan move to Bolton Wanderers in a permanent arrangement.

The Senegal international has just finished a successful year-long loan at Bolton from Liverpool.

It seems Liverpool are willing to let the forward leave and Bolton have expressed an interest in keeping him at The Reebok Stadium.

link

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
He will go, Liverpool just need to stop being silly and ask for a reasonable price.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
its almost happened

Bolton say they are closing in on the permanent signing of El Hadji Diouf from Liverpool.

The Trotters have had the African striker on loan at The Reebok all season and are keen to sign him on a permanent basis.

The £11 million man was a flop during his time at Anfield but has looked a lot more of a threat whilst on loan with Sam Allardyce's men.

link

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Whats happening with him? I wonder if Liverpool will have him back?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i dont think if he went back to liverpool he would get a game. if they wanted him am sure they would have got him back by now unless there other targerts aint going to happen.

am sure Benitez knows he wont get that big price back that liverpool paid for him.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He won't go back to Liverpool, I think this will be wrapped up soon enough.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
He wants to stay at Bolton but i think they want Liverpool to drop teh asking price.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join