It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton Wanderers: Star Djorkaeff seeks top-10 finish for Trotters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm looking forward for a successful season for Bolton (even though they stayed up ahead of the Hammers!).

Bolton forward Youri Djorkaeff is optimistic Sam Allardyce's Trotters can finish in the top 10 of the Premiership next season.

The inspirational Frenchman believes Wanderers' form in the closing stages of the campaign, which reaped five victories in nine games to help stave off relegation, proves the players are capable of finishing higher in the league.

"We showed in that spell that we are good enough, not only to stay in the Premiership, but to do better," he said.

But the former Kaiserslautern and Inter Milan star has warned Allardyce he must use the close season to strengthen the squad to help realise the club's potential.

"I think Sam has a big job for the summer - he is not on holiday like the rest of us. We can't miss this chance for the team to grow. I'm sure we can finish in the top 10 next year," he told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Youri Djorkaeff need to take his head out of his backside...lol

Bolton in the top ten?? Thats like Tottenham winning the league...

Bolton are just not good enough they have nearly got relegated in the past few seasons and their team aint that much better...ManU,Arsenal,Liverpool,Newcastle,Chelsea,Everton,Leeds,Man C,Spurs,Middlesborough and a few others will finish above them....

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hold on! I think with the players Sam has brought in (and don't forget they haven't played a full season together yet) they will do well. Jay-Jay is magic!!

TRD

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Jay Jay had a excellent second half to the season and i had him in my dream team he has a lot of talent,but one man don't make a team...Bolton will never be a great side they are Sh**t...Their are much better teams in the league with more money aswell to bring in better players...

Sam has done a great job at bolton don't get me wrong but they just havn't got the players and the consistancy...They may not struggle like before as there are worst teams comming up from div 1 but no wayyyy are they a top ten team...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Jay Jay had a excellent second half to the season and i had him in my dream team he has a lot of talent,but one man don't make a team...Bolton will never be a great side they are Sh**t...Their are much better teams in the league with more money aswell to bring in better players...

Sam has done a great job at bolton don't get me wrong but they just havn't got the players and the consistancy...They may not struggle like before as there are worst teams comming up from div 1 but no wayyyy are they a top ten team...

One word.... Charlton.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well i must say that is diverting away from the subject a bit...

Everyone knows CHARLTON are bad if Curbs leaves they will go to pot...but that is a different matter..

It still doesn't prove that BOLTON are a top ten club,anyone with common sense knows that they are not...They have been very lucky over the past years not to go down and with little money to spend this season coming they won't do much better..Also i think Jay Jay didn't know what team he was going to and it won't be long before he goes...A man with his sort of talent will attract a lot of attention and Bolton aint big enough to hold on to him..Bolton are a poor excuse of a premier league team...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well i must say that is diverting away from the subject a bit...

Everyone knows CHARLTON are bad if Curbs leaves they will go to pot...but that is a different matter..

It still doesn't prove that BOLTON are a top ten club,anyone with common sense knows that they are not...They have been very lucky over the past years not to go down and with little money to spend this season coming they won't do much better..Also i think Jay Jay didn't know what team he was going to and it won't be long before he goes...A man with his sort of talent will attract a lot of attention and Bolton aint big enough to hold on to him..Bolton are a poor excuse of a premier league team...

The new season will tell all, I think they will stay up.

top topics

join