It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Todd charged by the FA!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Blackburn Rovers skipper Andy Todd has been charged with violent conduct by The FA. The Rovers stopper collided with Arsenal's Robin van Persie immediately after the Dutchman had lashed in the final goal in The Gunners' 3-0 FA Cup semi-final win on Saturday. Todd's shoulder hit van Persie in the face and caused him a nasty looking injury on the young striker's face. 31-year-old Todd had protested his innocence after the game, saying that the collision was an accident, but The Football Association have thought otherwise.

LINK

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is hard to believe but they are going to appeal. He has been charged with voilent conduct and damm right he should. I saw it on the TV and it definatly looked like he did it with intent. If it had been an accident and the player ran into him he wouldn't have gone in so hard and moved his arm to make contact. The FA would have studied the video and see what everyone else did. He did it alright and just don't want to hold his hands up...

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I can't see how they could appeal. It was plain to see that this guy meant to do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The bloke is an azz, simple as that. How the hell did he think he would get away with it? There was no need to run at the player with his forearm slightly raised was there?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i think he meant it. i seen it on tv and van persie was looking good, he scored a good 2nd goal too, did he not skin todd for it? and when he did the 3rd goal, Todd is running with his shoulder looking like a spear.

i think he seen the oppurtunity and he took it, and he got away with it on the pitch but hes been caught in the end

still, if hes saying am inocent i guess blackburn have to stand behind him, if they dont it looks like he aint trusted

top topics

join