It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Bellamy tempted by Blackburn

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Craig Bellamy has admitted he could be tempted by a move to Blackburn Rovers. Bellamy is currently on loan at Celtic after being dumped by Newcastle United after a public fall-out with manager Graeme Souness. Celtic want to secure the permanent signing of Bellamy, but it remains to be seen whether they will be able to pay the fee - likely to be near 5 million.

LINK

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They way he is playing at Celtic, Blackburn will have a huge fight on their hands to sign him. Thats if Newcastle decide to sell. They might actually do a massive u-turn and keep him. I can't really see it happening but you never know.

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Celtic will do everything to sign him, they would be fools not too...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i think its 8 goals in 11 games hes got at celtic

o'neill is saying we will do everything we can to keep him, and the board are just giving it the....we need to free up money and this sorta talk, which doenst sound convincing.

i dont know if you heard this one lol..

quinn who is on the board/chairman came out and said the bill for wages comes to 40 million a year, and O'neill said nope. (this is the next day) it dont even reach 40 million with all the players and staff, not even close to that number

and quinn went nuts lol. and got his mobile phone and went to phone one of the other guys invloved with celtic to say o'neill is calling me a liar, and he got the number wrong. he left this message on a 16 year old girls mobile phone lol. he was shouting about o'neill and he got caught out haha lol

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
These chairmen like to shout about how much they have to pay out but not how much they fill their pockets. It is most prob less than what he is trying to say it is. Bellamy will be a huge success in Scotland as there league is not as competitive as the Prem. He will most prob end up top scorer if he stays at Celtic every year and be another Larson.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
talk about scoring important goals hehe. with him scoring on sunday.

bayern are supposed to be intrested in him now, though they have roy maakay and i think hes pacey, so i dunno whats going on there

i think hughes would like to sign him, but can they? i cant see it. i dont think they can afford him

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think they could afford him, they havn't spent that much money in the last few seasons and they is still alot of money in the pot. It is just not being released due to the huge sums that was wasted in the past.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the news is he is leaving celtic, its really looking that way.

i see what you mean, blackburn havent really spent a penny recently.

the reason am thinking they cant afford him is cos of the barry ferguson deal, something like they hadnt paid the whole sum to rangers and rangers wanted him back and got him on the cheap

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If he does leave Celtic like you say there will be two really good strikers becomming available in the summer, Bellamy and Robbie Keane. Who-ever gets them will make a great signing, one of them i feel will end up at Villa... Bellamy will go where the money is i think and if Blackburn can come up with a good deal then he could well sign for them.

On a side note with 20-25 million to spend next season could you see Wigan making a bold bid to sign them both. I know it sounds a bit absurd but they will have all that money to spend and the owner is selling his 51% stake in Wigan Rugby club, which will generate more huge funds. It looks like they are really ambitious and in a small time span of 10 years they have climbed up from the lowest division to the Prem, built a brand new stadium worthy of Premier League status.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hehe.... before i finished reading your post i was going to say...wigan lol.

i aint sure about Keane but i think with Bellamy, he will know if he signs there he will be there star player and i think he likes to think of being the top man in the team.

i think he supposed to cost around 6 million to buy.

if villa where to go for one of them, i think it would be Keane. him and angel sounds like a good strike force

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wigan have two better strikers already in Roberts and the Duke than Bellamy.

Blackburn have alot of cash in reserve, I just don't see him swaping Europe for relegation dogfights.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He could well be staying at Celtic, as Rynaldo pointed out one of teh Celtic guys recently sold his shares in Man United and is pumping quite a few million into the club for transfers. But will Newcastle do an about turn? Souness was saying that he needs a striker like Bellamy, but after everything that has happened will he want to come back?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yer, dermost desmond has supposed to have given the manager 15 million.

from whats going on at newcaselt, kluivert, bellamy and robert are supposed to be geting shown the door for souness can sign duds. i dont think bellamy will want to play under souness.

i would like him to stay, hes too good for the league but in europe what a help having him will be

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't understand your last sentence.

I can't see anyone at the club wanting to play with him, cocky little sh&tbag.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From what i can make out he is having a great time at Celtic and they all love him..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yer, hes fitted in really well and banged a goal agasint rangers that cost them the league

yer, i meant like, in general the scottish league is easy for him

i was saying about celtic supposed to be getting the 15 million, well. its debateble, o'neill aint seen any of it yet

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
OK right!

It's an easier option to stay in Scotland which is why I'm suprised he isn't pushing harder for it.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Its not just an easier option its an easier league, thats why Sutton stayed there all this time...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Which is what I said.......

The standard is OK, but for a top player it's not a challenge.

new topics

top topics

join