It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Rovers sign Nelsen

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Blackburn Rovers have signed New Zealand captain Ryan Nelsen on a free transfer from Major League Soccer club DC United.

The 27-year-old central defender has impressed following a trial and has been handed an 18-month deal by Rovers boss Mark Hughes.

The Ewood Park side will certainly have influential characters on the park with Nelsen arriving hot on the heels of South Africa captain Aaron Mokoena.

As Nelsen has a Commonwealth visitors' visa he can work in England for anything up two years, which is why he has not been offered a deal longer than 24 months.

Nelsen can also operate in midfield and his versatility should prove handy as Hughes looks to steer Rovers away from the relegation trapdoor.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i guess since its a free transfer, there will be alot less pressure on the guy, which should help him. dont know him, but hughes, i think hes been scouting for ages. looks like the other guy gonna sign too

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Never heard of him to be honest, another player i will be looking at to see what he is like.

Hughes must think he is pretty good though, as you say he has been doing alot of scouting...

new topics

join