It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Hughes keen on Hartson

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Mark Hughes has confirmed that he is interested in bringing Celtic striker John Hartson to Blackburn Rovers.

Hartson's future at Parkhead remains uncertain as he has yet to finalise talks regarding a contract extension.

The Welsh firebrand's deal with the Scottish champions expires at the end of the season and he is waiting to seriously discuss fresh terms.

Bhoys boss Martin O'Neill has repeatedly talked of his plans to speak to Hartson about extending his time in Glasgow, and early discussions have been held with his agent Jonathan Barnett.

But the 29-year-old still seems no nearer to resolving his situation and that has sparked rumours he could leave the club in the New Year.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yer, we are still not doing much in getting him a new contract

supposively the celtic board dont want to give players over the age of 30 new contracts. and if you do happen to get one, its a big pay drop you got to take

lennon is rumoured to be leaving now too

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It looks increasingly unlikly that Hartson will sign for them, i read that he is near to signing a new deal with Celtic...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i think for celtics sake to he dont go, cos we need him, if he goes, whos going to score the goals

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I thought he was great at West Ham, it's a shame we let him go. But he was hitting the drink too much. I see him many a time over the greyhound track with Joe Kinnear, Vinny Jones and a Goalkeeper i can't remember the name of. Always had a drink in his hand lol!

Celtic should be pulling out the stops to keep him, as you say he scores alot of goals..

new topics

top topics

join