It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Youri Djorkaeff leaves Rovers

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Youri Djorkaeff has left Blackburn after failing to have his short-term deal extended.

The former France international joined Rovers in September on a free transfer after leaving Bolton in the summer.

Djorkaeff arrived at Ewood Park in a deal until the end of December with the view to an extension, but Rovers have decided against offering Djorkaeff a longer contract.

The Frenchman has not featured for Rovers since October after picking up a hamstring injury and that has denied him the chance to impress Mark Hughes.

Djorkaeff is now expected to return to his native France and he was linked with a switch to minnows Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien earlier this month.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Has he found a club yet?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i have just been googling his name and the only most up to date news i can find on him is about him leaving blackburn. it seems hes still on a free

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought he went to a team in france?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think he has offers of Grenoble and Sannois Saint-Gratien but I didn't hear that he signed a contract there.

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok as far as i know, two teams in the Premier League was interested in him, Norwich and Fulham. But that seems to have gone no-where.

The absolute latest is that last week he was in America having talks. The team in question is the MetroStars and they just traded Eddie Pope to free up money to sign overseas based players. Djorkaeff met with the team officials and he wouldn't aquire a transfer fee so it could be a possibility in him signing for them. :sport-smiley-019:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
woah!! who have you been talking to TRD, the players agent

maybe going to america and get loads of money, and a easy finish to his career

TRD

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
See you give people the info and they disappear lol!

It would be a good way to end his career if he does end up in America. The problem could be his wages as im sure they have salary caps...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now he has signed at the MetroStars. :bounce:

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dundee
Now he has signed at the MetroStars. :bounce:

And people doubt my sources.
I have a few people i get stuff from 'In the know'

When did he actually sign? I posted that 3 weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In one of the biggest player acquisitions of this MLS offseason, the MetroStars signed French World Cup Champion Youri Djorkaeff Friday. Djorkaeff most recently played for Blackburn Rovers of the English Premier League.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
One of the biggest eh?

Maybe i should have made a big deal about it three weeks ago, and it took all this time for someone to notice what i posted. Thats sportztawk for you, maybe i'm wasted on here..

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
haha..

for sure, its a big deal to go through, one of the best players at a time,

maybe Metro Stars took your adive and signed him hey

how you think he will do

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well i don't follow MLS that much, but he still is a class player and i think he will do pretty good. There leagues are quite competitive but they are like our League 2...

top topics

join