It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Tugay slams exit rumors

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Blackburn Rovers' Turkish midfielder Tugay has slammed reports claiming he is desperate to leave Ewood Park. The 34-year-old was dismissed during Rovers' 4-0 home defeat by Middlesbrough at the weekend and subsequent stories in the Turkish media claimed he wanted to secure a move to Besiktas. Some of the reports even quoted the ex-Rangers star criticising the approach of new boss Mark Hughes, but Tugay insisted he had not made the comments attributed to him.

"I have been associated with various comments suggesting that there is disharmony at Blackburn," he told the club's official website.

"I would like to make it clear that I have made no such comments and, to the contrary, I am enjoying playing at Rovers more than ever.

"I wish to support Mark Hughes and the new management team in ensuring that we go from strength to strength."

Tugay has spent the last three years at Blackburn, scoring six times in 113 Premiership matches.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i don't think he's going to leave. just seems like he's built a good relationship in blackburn. i really wish we would figure out what was wrong and stop losing 4 to freaking 0. we really need to win a couple. darn you rovers!

new topics

join