It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST ONE QUESTION

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:15 PM
link   
hi
i found the answer to my own question which is kid of stupid but i thought ya'll want to know
you see under the word of god under the bible there is small font there is an explenation and it says that Genesis is a book of poetry and that really that adam and eve were not the first person on earth
it's a metaphor
adam is a symbol representing the creation and evolution of man
also the story of cain was made to show how man turned into a murderer the author to make this story relevant to genesis made them sons of adam and eve so stupid questions like who was the son of that one or this one is irrelevant
genesis is a book of methaphor and is not meant to take literally
just like "god made earth in 6 days" they put days as a symbol to represnt what eva time god used
so i hope ya'll satifised with this answer
bye!

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:17 PM
link   
JamesG d@mn it! Tone it down. Don't attack, and don't clearly insult someone. If you do, you will be banned. I don't want that, I need you here to make sure I'm not the only one here who believes in science and facts over a god that appeared 2000 years ago.

But good point. Thomas, if he here since beggining, why no mention of him until 2000 years ago? A little fishy if you ask me.

And, how come every religon with a book has a few million lives on their hands?

Is it so hard to believe that things happen cause they happen? The big bang happens, things form, earth forms. Then, through chance and survival brought by evolution, life happens. Then we evolve from an ancestor. We become the sentinet(sp?) species of mammal through technology. No god needed. but, we need it. We need to know that when we die, there is something after. Something to hope for. So, we make a afterlife. Who controls the after life? We need someone to do that.

Also, how we get here? In old days it had to be mystical. Today, with science, we have evolution to explain that. But how was everything made? If the universe is still expanding, what is it expanding into? Science can explain some, but not all. That is where nonsense and religon picks up. Well, my invisible, always broke, supreme being does it. Not theirs, they wrong, they will burn in hell. If you don't believe me, you going to hell to.

People, the pope sets a good example. he isn't I'm right you wrong, he shows tolerance. He shows that things don't have to be right. Maybe there is a little thing wrong, but not enough to end the true meaning.

People, all religons have the ten commandments or something like it. Even Egypt and Greek/Roman religons had it. Just not all called ten commandments. Now think, only thing written by god is ten commandments, all religons have something like it. God didn't write the bible, or koran, or whatever, and they all belong to different religons. Think maybe god wants you to follow the ten commandments, not a book written by humans?

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Again, you seem too hate-filled to understand, but I'll say it one more time.

Christ was born two thousand years ago, but was expected for millenia before. The animal sacrifices before Him was symbolic, to cover the sin of mankind. Christ's shed blood washed the sin away for those who accept Him.

Control me? What control. You are full of nonsense and hate. You don't make sense. Your lack of understanding, your frothing hate and narrowmindedness is overwhelming.
Really, you need to find Christ, JamesG, He can help you with all those negative feelings you are dealing with.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Bluegrl89,

Good job. But those captions are recent things. I doubt you'll find them in the very first scriptures. Those captions aren't the belefs of those who wrote down the stories in those periods. Those are the beliefs of modern man to gain more credabilty for thier religion. Because these stories hold little if no historical or archeological evidence... It's gotta be explained somehow....

JamesTL,

I'm trying to tone it down...honest

The only reason why I would be banned for insulting is because I'm not a moderator like TC. He can insult all he want's because he has the final say over who stay's and who goes. He's not only insulted me, but also insulted you, and other's. He is the ultimate psuedo-bigot. For that...I have no respect for him. He's a hipocrite.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:56 PM
link   
JamesG, it doesn't matter if he is a mod, you shouldn't insult anyone.

Also, Thomas, I'm gonna be sorry for saying this, but what happened? Before you were idealistic, someone who would listen, and calmly reply. Now you are acting more and more like truth. Except you have a backbone and stay to argue.

Hope you ok Thomas, don't need another mod gone mad. I doubt you will, but then again, nothing is impossible, only highly improbable. But you are slipping a little. Before you wouldn't say the bible is the word of god, for it isn't. The ten commandments were. But now the bible right, you wrong, don't mess with me you ignorant bigot. Calm down, both of you.

I was yelled at for posting when mad, heck, that happened recently. It was a mistake, but learn from them, don't repeat them. Breath in the good, breath out the bad, breath in the calm, breath out the anger. Both of you calm down before you get in trouble. I may not be a mod or a responsible adult, but still, I can see trouble coming when it is on the way.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Your right...I should remain calm. No need in fighting anymore. If TC want's to believe in incest, hatred to those who aren't religous or of different faiths, of obvious and proven lies, then that is his choice and I should respect that...

I was alway's taught not to mess with inbred hicks anyways...

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 08:13 PM
link   
TC States

"If you think that these weak little "I hate Christians" and "There ain't no such thing as God", and "Only stupid people believe in Creationism" is actually serious conspiracy-toned debate, then you've missed the meaning of conspiracy. Ineretsing, also, that you assume that Christianity would be the religion to discuss in relation to conspiracy
[quote/]

I agree Thomas but neither is "this is a biblical question and can only be interpreted in one way." Thomas have you ever seen the Movie "Manchurian Candidate," assuming that you have. How does the idea that God can punish one for the wrong thought make what was presented more feasible?

Strange bedfellows abound Thomas and in this case. One could consider that those who feel thought control is valid has an ally amongst the Fundamentalist right.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 10:05 PM
link   
why is there so much hatred in this posts?
i just want to know the answer for a question
where did all this beef begin

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wen some dolt got nailed to a piece of wood and killed. There Thomas, a biblical question gets a biblical answer.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Bluegirl I have known Thomas almost a year (At ATS) Hatred is that last thing I have in mind. I am responding to him in relation to his responses. As far as why you started the thread, that is important. But it does not change the issue of interpretation.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bluegrl89,

TC is just upset because his religion has more fualt's than truth's. I'm not angry that these religous people won't look at the evidance AGAINST them. I'm just frustrated that shedding some light and truth on an ancient religion, showing where and why it is wrong, and showing how the REAL WORLD works for these incompetent closed minded fools. They don't want to see the truth as it truly is because it RIPS the security blanket so tightly woven around thier eyes. They ONLY see god and scripture. Anything beyond that is false, especially if it suggest a universe without god.

For a long time they thought the earth was the center of the universe...That is until they couldn't continue with the lie they kept believing and finally had to sucumb to the TRUTH of science.

Try teaching a 3 year old complex mathmatics...nearly impossible... Try teaching the truth to a religous person...completley impossible..

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now now now JamesG, nothing is impossible, only highly improbable.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No..I'm pretty sure teaching the truth and common sense, and let's not forget logic, to a religous person is impossible...
;P

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join