It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Blackburn

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Blackburn are set to sign Stuttgart Kickers goalkeeper David Yelldell after a successful trial last season.

Rovers are hoping to complete a deal for the 21-year-old, who has dual German and American citizenship, this week.

The Premiership club hope Yelldell will be able report for pre-season training next month.

Well i have never heard of him so if he signs we will have to wait to see if he is any good....

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Blackburn Rovers may have to play a waiting game for Rangers defender Lorenzo Amoruso, according to the player's official representative.

The Ewood Park club have made a bid for the Light Blues centre-half and are waiting for a response from Ibrox.

Amoruso's representative Andrea D'Amico will speak with Rangers officials tomorrow but warns there are other interested parties in England, Spain and Italy.

He said: "I haven't talked to Graeme Souness but we have some more options so we will need 10 more days.

"We are considering some other options from the Premiership and from Italy and Spain.

"Rangers have not indicated whether they will listen to offers yet but I will speak to them tomorrow."

The former Fiorentina man is currently preparing for the Tennent's Scottish Cup final against Dundee on Saturday.

But Rovers chief executive John Williams has confirmed his club's bid for Amoruso.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
We tried to sign Amoruso, I can't make my mind up about him. Seems to lose concentration too often, which for a centre back is very dangerous!

TRD

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Lorenzo Amoruso has confirmed he will sign for Blackburn Rovers once he has completed a medical.

The Rangers defender returned to Italy following the club's treble-winning success at the end of last season to ponder his future but was believed to be arriving in Lancashire on Monday to finalise the move.

And the big Italian insists he cannot wait to work under former Ibrox boss Graeme Souness, despite admitting he did not want to leave Glasgow.

He told the Daily Record: "Everything should be finalised with Blackburn after I complete my medical.

Well it looks like he will be going..I agree with you their Teflon he pushes up to much for a defender and is caught out of position alot..

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Blackburn are on the brink of signing Brett Emerton after the Australia international completed his medical at Ewood Park.

Rovers are now in talks with the 24-year-old midfielder who will leave Dutch giants Feyenoord.

Blackburn chief executive John Williams said: "I can confirm that further discussions have taken place and are ongoing. The player himself has undergone a medical and we are making progress."

Meanwhile another Australian, full-back Lucas Neill, has agreed a contract extension to stay at Rovers until the summer of 2007.

The 25-year-old, who joined from Millwall for 1million in 2001, becomes the longest-contracted senior player at Rovers.

Well Emerton will be a great signing if they manage to pull it off....

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Blackburn have completed the 1.4m signing of Rangers defender Lorenzo Amoruso on a three-year deal.

The 32-year-old defender leaves Ibrox after six years, during which he won three Scottish Premier League titles.

Rovers chief executive John Williams said: "He is a player Graeme Souness has been tracking for some time and we are all delighted he is joining us.

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Brett Emerton is looking forward to working with Graeme Souness after completing his move from Feyenoord to Blackburn.

Souness' management style has been criticised by former Rovers players David Dunn and Keith Gillespie this week following the duo's arrivals at Birmingham and Leicester respectively.

But Australia midfielder Emerton, who moved to Ewood Park for an undisclosed fee on Thursday, says he has been nothing but impressed by the Scot during negotiations.

TRD

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Blackburn are on the verge of clinching the signing of full-back Vratislav Gresko on a permanent contract.

The Slovakia international, who spent half of last season on loan from Italian side Parma, underwent a medical on Tuesday on a foot injury he suffered against Leeds last season.

Unless Ewood Park medical staff are worried about his progress, Gresko is expected to sign a three-year deal.

Gresko will become manager Graeme Souness' fourth signing of the summer with Brett Emerton, Lorenzo Amoruso and goalkeeper David Yelldell being unveiled on Monday.

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Blackburn have completed the signing of Slovakian defender Vratislav Gresko for a fee of around 1.2million from Italian side Parma.

Gresko, who spent five months on loan at Rovers last season, has signed a three-year contract at Ewood Park.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Steven Reid has warned Blackburn fans not to expect him to fill the void created by the departure of Damien Duff.

Reid joined Rovers at the end of last month for 2.5million from Millwall and had been hoping to link up with his fellow Republic of Ireland international this season at Ewood Park, only for Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich to step in.

The spending power of Chelsea's new owner led to a clause in Duff's Rovers contract being activated, and after considerable deliberation, the midfielder completed a 17million move to Stamford Bridge.

The promise of house-hunting together in the north west has now gone by the wayside for Reid, whom Blackburn boss Graeme Souness is convinced will be a top Premiership player in the next four or five years.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Tributes poured in today following the death of former Blackburn manager Ray Harford.

The 58-year-old, who had been battling against cancer, helped Kenny Dalglish lift the Premiership title at Blackburn in 1995 and was acknowledged as one of the finest coaches of his generation.

Colin Hendry led the tributes, admitting he helped turn his career around.

Hendry was the rock on which Blackburn built the foundations of their title success.

"Ray was very influential in my career," said the former Scotland central defender. "He was the one who stuck me in my position and said 'don't move from there'.

"He told me my position was to defend, not to let anyone pass.

"He was a top-class coach and ranks alongside people like Craig Brown and Roy Hodgson."

Harford was assistant to Dalglish when the championship was secured. It was an ideal partnership, according to Hendry.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Blackburn have accepted defender Andy Todd's transfer request.

Todd joined Rovers from Charlton for 750,000 only 14 months ago and started 14 games last season.

The 28-year-old former Bolton player also spent three months of last season on loan at Grimsby.

TRD

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Blackburn have completed their 7.5million move for Scotland midfielder Barry Ferguson.

Ferguson has signed a four-year contract at Ewood Park after requesting a move away from Scottish champions Rangers.

Ferguson joins Lorenzo Amoruso, Brett Emerton, Steven Reid and Markus Babbel at Blackburn - the latter signing on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

Rovers manager Graeme Souness firmly believes Ferguson will prove he is one of the best midfielders in the game.

TRD

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Blackburn have signed Liverpool defender Markus Babbel on a season-long loan deal.

The 30-year-old Germany international has struggled to command a regular first-team place at Anfield.

Babbel overcame the life-threatening Guillan-Barre syndrome last year and will now be hoping for a fresh start at Ewood Park.

He has won 51 caps for his country, scoring once, and was part of the European Championship-winning squad in 1996.

He played 42 league games for Liverpool after signing from Bayern Munich in June 2000.

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Blackburn have confirmed the signing of Dino Baggio on a season-long loan from Lazio.

The former Italy international, who had also been linked with Wolves and Celtic, agreed personal terms at Ewood Park on the day before the transfer window shut.

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Balckburn have got off to a pretty bad start to the season,but with the players they have i think they should be ok..

TRD

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Graeme Souness intends to freshen up his Blackburn squad when the transfer window opens next month.

A striker and a left-sided midfielder would appear to be his top targets in the new year with Souness aware his team are in danger of being sucked into a relegation battle.

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Blackburn have signed goalkeeper Peter Enckelman from Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee subject to a medical.

The Midlands club accepted a second, improved offer from their Barclaycard Premiership rivals for the 26-year-old Finn.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
News down at ewood park.

Blackburn have confirmed that they are getting closer to a deal to bring Brian McBride to Ewood Park.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
is blackburn a team? and are all the other soccer posts teams?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join