It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: Villa in Toon Bellamy, Hughes Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis has confirmed that the club have agreed terms with Newcastle for Craig Bellamy and Aaron Hughes, although the North East club insist they have not.

Skysports.com revealed on Wednesday that Villa had made a move for the pair, and now the Midlands outfit have confirmed that a deal is in place for the Welsh and Northern Irish internationals.

"I have spoken with Freddy Shepherd, the Newcastle chairman on several occasions in the last 48 hours and last night he accepted our cash offer for both players," Ellis told the club's website.

link

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Souness and the club are denying this...

It would be two great signings for them if they manage to pull it off..

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Great choice of players, the villa squad needs some extra force and with them and berger on bord we can push for europe

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hate to say it but he will do well there.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Bellamy would enhance any side, his bad attitude helps his game and makes him a better player

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yer, hes at the wind up with oppenents and sometimes it does work, he would be a good signing and up front with angle. it sounds good to me. i aint sure about the defender guy, is he any better than villa already have?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hughes is OK.

I'd kick lumps out of him if I was marking Bellamy, as long as you don't allow him space to run he is less affective. Would be a handful to cope with during a full game because of his stamina.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
best way to deal with bellamy is whind him up, kick his heals a few times and before you know it an elbow will be heading your way, another card to his collection, think the defender dude is just more backup to give ridgewell a chance to improve.
Hopefully the bellamy signing will give vassel+angel a kick up the arse

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
looks like they have managed hughes, will they manage to sign bellamy now?

Aaron Hughes has completed his move to Aston Villa from Newcastle United.

Villa confirmed earlier this week that they had concurred on a dual deal with The Magpies for both Hughes and Craig Bellamy.

At the time, Newcastle insisted that terms had not been agreed but Hughes has now wrapped up a switch to Villa Park.

link

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
hes hoping to talk to bellamy

David O'Leary admits he is anxious to speak to Craig Bellamy regarding a possible move to Aston Villa.

The Midlands club are keen to bring the Wales international to Villa Park and claimed earlier in the week that they had agreed a deal with Newcastle United.

The Magpies have refuted that assertion but Bellamy is certain to leave St James' Park permanently in the summer following his public fallout with Graeme Souness.

link

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This could drag on ALL summer.

top topics

join