It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: Villa sign Eric Djemba-Djemba

page: 1

join
share:
Sir

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This was unexpected.

Eric Djemba-Djemba has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Aston Villa after completing his move from Manchester United. A weekend chat with Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Djemba-Djemba had no future at Old Trafford and completed a 1.85million deadline-day move to Aston Villa.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i didnt see this one coming to be honest. though, i think fergie said he would listen to offers.

the player hardly kicked a ball for man utd and when he did, it werent like he was amazing. so not sure what o'leary sees in him.

wonder if he will turn into a villa sensation hehe

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
He coulod do as it is hard to hold down a regular spot in teh United side and Ferguson does have his favourites.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
yer, hes young too.

should be easier for him to get in the villa team. maybe he wasnt as good as what fergie first thought?

i guess if he gets regualr football now, its up to him to prove the jury they are wrong

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
he claims he turned down alot of teams to sign for villa

Aston Villa's latest recruit Eric Djemba-Djemba claims he turned down overtures from a host of clubs to secure his move to Villa Park.

The Cameroonian star claims that Middlesbrough, Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion, Benfica and Paris Saint Germain all wanted him.

"Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion, Paris St Germain, Benfica and Middlesbrough all showed an interest in me," he said.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the player admits the form of keane kept him out the team

Eric Djemba-Djemba has admitted Roy Keane's longevity forced him to leave Old Trafford.

The Cameroon midfielder completed a switch to Aston Villa last week, and revealed his lack of chances at Old Trafford, due in no small part to the form of Roy Keane, forced him to look elsewhere.

"The problem is that I don't know when Roy Keane will move on," he revealed.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+Keane+form+forced+me+out&channel=Football_Home

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Eric Djemba-Djemba is backing his decision to shun Portsmouth and join Aston Villa. The former Manchester United ace was close to signing for Pompey, but opted against the move as Villa came with better recommendations. Djemba-Djemba chatted with his colleagues at Old Trafford and they believed linking up with David O'Leary was the switch more suited to the Cameroon international.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i think at the mnunte, villa will bring more stabilty to his career,

how has be been doing for villa so far?

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I missed the weekends games but i'll keep an eye on how he does in the comming weeks...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
He didn't make the grade at Man U and i don't think he will at Villa. If he was that good Fergie would have kept him.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yip. i think the same Speedfreak, the chances of him getting a game at villa compared to man utd is better though, he should be in the team just about everymatch where as, he was playing maybe a game a month at man utd

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Did he play yesterday? If he did i never noticed..

One player i fear may drift away.. Might go back abroad if he fails to shine in the few games that are left.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
looks like you where right SIR

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary has issued a warning to recent signing Eric Djemba-Djemba.

The Cameroon international endured a disappointing game in last weekend's defeat to Everton and was subbed early on in the second half and was even jeered by some home fans.

O'Leary was less than impressed by the former Manchester United's man showing and revealed he has a lot to work on with the player.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
O'leary won't give up on him, he will give him his best shot at trying to get him to hit some sort of form. He signed him so it will seem like a bad signing if he just gives up on him...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
yer, 1 month at the club isnt really long, and if he was to dump him already, it dont look good for the player.

am sure he has to the end of the season, and will be asssesed, prob the next season there too unless he really plays more stinkers

top topics

join