It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: O'leary wants Hitzlsperger contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Aston Villa is keen to get Thomas Hitzlsperger's contract sorted out at Aston Villa.

The German international is yet to decide on whether to sign a new deal - with a host of clubs from The Premiership and Die Bundesliga said to be interested.

"The contract to get tied up now is the one of Hitzlsperger," said O'Leary.

"That runs out in the summer, I'm not concerned, but you still want it done."

sky sports

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
hes done well at villa. scored a few goals and i think he was a free from bayern. am sure it will be easy to sort out a deal

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He has a wicked shot and hard to stop him when he is in full flow. A dangerous player to have on your side but he has been a bit inconsistant.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
and update on the what is happening here

Thomas Hitzlsperger has insisted that the arrival of Djemba-Djemba does not mean he is on his way out of the club.

The Germain is out of contract in the summer and is yet to agree new terms.

"Djemba-Djemba's signing does not mean the end of my Villa career," he said.

"He is a midfielder but I don't think he has been signed as a replacement for me. We are different types of players.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Aston Villa star Thomas Hitzlsperger has admitted he has still to decide if he will stay at the club.

The 22-year-old is out of contract in the summer and a number of clubs are waiting in the wings to sign him if he does not agree a new deal.

Villa boss David O'Leary is keen to get Hitzlsperger's contract sorted out, but the player is refusing to rush into anything.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looks like he is debating wether to leave or not. Once a player gets doubt in their mind it usually means they are going to leave...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yer, it does seem that way, unless no1 will take the player then he stays lol

Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
They need to sign him.

What a goal he scored yesterday, contender for goal of the month. Absolute beauty..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yip. i heard he scored a good goal, which got them the 3 points. you need all the match winners you can get

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thomas Hitzlsperger has insisted that he does not need to be playing in the Bundesliga to catch the eye of Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann.

The midfielder has made it his dream to represent his country on home soil at next year's World Cup finals, but admits a lack of regular playing time for Aston Villa could harm his chances.

Reports in Hitzlsperger's native Germany have suggested he is looking to return to the Bundesliga in the summer in a bid to press home his claims for international recognition, with Stuttgart keeping an eye on his services, but he says his only need is to play regularly.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+I+need+to+play&channel=Football_Home

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
He is only 22 and still has alot to learn but he looks a pretty decent player. He does have a wicked shot and Villa need to hang on to him period!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yer, with what he is saying, hey, i dont gotta play in germany, all that matters is am playing regular.

i think hes right, playing for villa in the prem aint exactly not noticable. but he does need to cement a place in the team, if he can do that, am sure he will get noticed just as much as he would playing in germany and not playing

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Aston Villa supremo Doug Ellis thinks Thomas Hitzlsperger would be 'foolish' to leave the club this summer.

The German international is out of contract in the summer and is widely expected to leave Villa Park on a Bosman transfer.

A return to his homeland seems to be the most favourable option for the 22-year-old, with a host of Bundesliga sides gearing up offers - although a number of clubs in England are also thought to be monitoring his progress.

link

top topics

join