It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: Villa close in on O'brien and Faye

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Aston Villa manager David O'Leary is increasingly optimistic that Portsmouth midfielder Amdy Faye and Newcastle defender Andy O'Brien will soon arrive in a 5million double swoop.

O'Leary was dealt a setback when Southampton striker James Beattie turned down Villa and agreed to join Everton in a transfer which was being finalised today.

But he has moved quickly to try and bring in new blood to supplement one of the smallest squads in the Premiership.

The Villa boss now hopes to complete deals for Faye and O'Brien before the end of the January transfer window.

Faye would cost Villa around 2m - £500,000 more than Portsmouth paid Auxerre for his services 16 months ago.

The 27-year-old has made 50 appearances for Pompey and was a member of Senegal's squad which reached the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals in Japan.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
would pompey be willing to do business on this one, though there would be a bit profit made.

i think newcastle would sell, with boumsongs arrival and the talk of distyn, something is going on i think

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Looks like certain deals are hinging on each other on wether they happen or not.

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Aston Villa have officially withdrawn their interest in Portsmouth midfielder Amdy Faye.

The Senegal international had been linked with a 2million switch to Villa Park but Portsmouth have been informed that David O'Leary has decided to look elsewhere.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis told www.avfc.co.uk:"There have been reports this morning that Middlesbrough are about to beat us to the punch but that is simply not the case.

"I don't know whether or not they are after the player but that is their business.

"Negotiations are at an advanced stage but the manager has decided not to pursue the player. That's David's prerogative and we move on."

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Aston Villa have made an enquiry for Newcastle United defender Andy O'Brien.

Villa boss David O'Leary is keen to bolster his squad and has made a new defender one of his top targets.

O'Leary is believed to have made an offer in the region of 3 million for Republic of Ireland international O'Brien.

O'Brien's future at Newcastle is in doubt following the arrival of Jean-Alain Boumsong and the club's pursuit of Sylvain Distin and Bayern Munich defender Samuel Kuffour.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i think this o'brien deal will happen. hes been strongly linked to villa and it looks like his first team football at newcastle is coming to and end

new topics

top topics

join